Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Friday, December 10, 2010

NOT Just A Coincidence!!!

SOOOO... today I was coming in to work and I stepped on another piece of that chandelier and of course, as always it hurt, but I started to think about the Savior and how when he was here he always was doing/thinking of what the Lord would want him to do. I've been trying today to keep my thoughts where the Lord would want them and not get caught thinking about things that bring me down. In doing this I thought... I need to email my old boss. I haven't talked to him or emailed him in a while, and I just need a dose of his humor, plus.. he thinks the WORLD of me and has a way of making me feel like I deserve the best of everything (maybe that's because he actually says that) and I kind of need that in my life. SO... I start to type him an email to check in on him and see when he's coming back for the holidays. I get distracted with work stuff and dont' finish the email but guess what? Like 30 minutes ago, I GOT A PHONE CALL! How random is that? When I said Hello and he said "ALO-HA!!!!" I said "HEY!!!!!! OH MY HECK... ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!" and then I proceeded to explain how I was sending him an email. He laughed. You know... it's so good to see the Lord's fingerprints in your life. See... I knew that talking to him was just what I needed, and so did the Lord. I am so grateful for those people the Lord has placed in my life that think the world of me and treat me as such. I had such a great talk with him. He has always been so easy to talk to, about anything. I miss working for him. I love my new job, but I miss all the fun times with him. I'm so lucky to know him and to have a friend for a lifetime now.

No comments:

Post a Comment