Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Monday, December 13, 2010

I Enjoy Being A Girl

Saturday I was moving some stuff around and can I just tell you that I came to accept the fact that I might just be a "girly girl". It was in the moving of all my "girl" stuff (lotion, perfume, make up, hair stuff, jewelry, etc.) into my new bathroom closet and organizing it. I. HAVE. SO. MUCH. STUFF! I shocked myself just how much of that crap I have, and the sad thing is... I use it all. LOL! So.. I guess the masses are right... I'm a girly girl. I like to profess to be a country girl, WHICH I AM, but I guess there's some princess in there too. PLUS... if you think about it, which I do... A LOT... I am a princess. All girls are. NO MATTER WHAT! Because we are the daughters of King. And he loves us. I watched that movie A Little Princess this weekend and I fell in love with it. I bawled my eyes out, but there is this line Sarah says at the end that got me, she says it to Miss Minchin, who is horrible to her and has thrown her in the attic to be a servant because her father died in the war and there is not money to pay for her schooling. It goes like this...

Miss Minchin: Don't tell me you still fancy yourself a princess? Child, look
around you! Or better yet, look in the mirror.

Sara Crewe: I am a princess. All girls are. Even if they live in tiny old attics. Even if they dress in rags, even if they aren't pretty, or smart, or young. They're still princesses. All of us. Didn't your father ever tell you that? Didn't he?

This is so true... we ARE all princesses, no matter what we look like, or what we've
done, or what anyone else thinks of us. We're still princesses. Anyway...
getting to the point of this post... I watched that movie and then started to
re-arrange some stuff before going out that night. As I was doing this I put on
a couple of my records. I was singing along and then I got a couple little
visitors (Alex and Miley). We started dancing around in my bedroom to the
showtunes. It was fun, and so cute. Miley and Alex loved the two songs "I Enjoy
Being A Girl" from Flower Drum Song , which was fitting for the way I was
feeling that day, and "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Out of My Hair" from South
Pacific. They kept wanting me to play them over and over again. I was holding
Alex and dancing around in cirlces and he was laughing. I'd get dizzy and put
him down and he'd grab my legs and say "Again. Again Tahn." Let's just say I got
my excercise, but it was fun and TOTALLY WORTH IT! It was so cute. If you
haven't ever heard those songs... they are totally worth a listen, especially if
you are girl. Miley and I were singing this part so loud, it would make me laugh
cause I taught her to hold the note and hold her arms way out while holding
it... LOL- you should see her. This is the line we did this to: "...Who'll enjoy
being a guy, having a GIRL....LIKE....ME!!!". Miley was so cute. Anyway... it
was a good day. Uncle Jesse gave some really great talks last week- I just love that man. One of them I listened to on my way home friday night was called "Covenants and Sacrifice" by President Eyring. Oh my heck... it was amazing. I have listened to it twice this weekend. SO. GOOD! It's exactly my life right now.

This was a really GREAT weekend, and I decided that my life is good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment