Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Friday, December 17, 2010

Great Movie

I went out last night and we went to dinner and a movie. We saw the new Chronicles of Narnia and it was SO GREAT!!! There were so many REALLY GOOD lines from that movie. I just love the Narnia movies. I love the symbolism in them. Here are a few of my favorites from the new one. I know there were more than this that really struck me, but I can't remember them all.

Lucy wishes she was pretty like her big sister and Aslan says this to her at one point because she no longer existed. "You wished yourself away." I thought... holy smokes... that is exactly what you do when you say that stuff. I always do that. I think.. I wish I was pretty like so and so. I wish I was like that person, or I want to be like this person, I wish I was skinny like her, blah blah blah... I can't do this anymore cause I'm Me, and I have a mission here and I can be great too. It just struck me.

Lucy is sad to leave Aslan again and he tells her that even though she got to be with him for this short time in this world, even though he won't be in her world, he'll be watching her and she will be able to get to know him so much more in that world, than here with him. I can't really remember how he worded it, but it was so profound. If we let ourselves and really try... THIS is the life where we really get to be close to the Savior. THIS is where we get to know him so that when we meet him again, we will know him and remember him and holy smokes... I was totally motivated last night. I have been studying the book of mormon and praying and listening to/reading everything from prophets and apostles I can get my hands on like crazy lately and it has really changed me and my life and it is all I want to do. This movie last night and the little things I got out of it totally motivated me even more. Last night I was listening to the talk by Sheri L. Dew "God wants a powerful people" and it was FABULOUS! A MUST listen to! All morning I have been saying in my head... God wants a powerful people, and I want to be powerful. I AM GOING TO BE ONE OF HIS POWERFUL PEOPLE! I am. I want for nothing more than that. There are such great things happening in my life right now and I am so grateful for them, I'm grateful for repentance and godly sorrow. It hurts, but (and here's another really great line from the movie) when the Lord removes something from your life it's like removing a thorn. It hurts really bad when it is being removed, but it is the best for us and that is when we begin to heal. Anyway... I recommend the Narnia movies if you have never seen them and watch them looking for the symbolism. Last night in my prayers I thanked the Lord for inspiring CS Lewis because I truly believe in a lot of what he said, he was truly inspired. If this weren't true, the prophets and apostles wouldn't quote him. I'm not saying everything he says is correct, but there are some really great insights we can get from him.

Anyway... my rollercoaster of a life is past the "I'm going to barf all over this ride" stage and starting to be more enjoyable- hopefully there isn't another hill right around the corner, I'm banking on there being a fast downhill (give me butterflies, make me smile and laugh) slope. Isn't that usually what you get when you climb a really steep slope on a rollercoaster?

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever read the Narnia books? They're different from the movies, especially the Dawn Treader one, but they are also quite wonderful. I agree, CS Lewis was definitely inspired in most of the things he said.

    ReplyDelete