Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

He's There

So... last night I had a meeting with my Bishop. I was kind of struggling last night, I don't know why because I have come so far in the last week, but I guess I stepped on piece of that chandelier, and it hurt. I go in and meet with him and it was good. It was really good. I cried of course and said "Uhg! I don't know what my problem is tonight. I've been doing so good. I think I'm just scared." He looked at me funny but didn't ask me to elaborate. I said "I'm scared he'll leave me. I feel like I'm in that dark tunnel and he's walking with me, sometimes carrying me, but I'm scared he'll leave me." I love my Bishop. I have a lot of respect for him and have really come to feel the Lords love for me through him. I have learned just how inspired he is and it's been great. He gave me really great advice as usual and told me to keep my chin up and don't stop moving forward in the dark tunnel. As I was getting ready to leave he thanked me. He said "Tahnee, thank you." I was like... what the crap is he thanking ME for? I thanked him for everything he has done to help me cause he has really saved me. He was an instrument in the Lords hand when I was drowning and he reached down and pulled me out of the water. He said again, "NO... thank you. People like you make this job worth doing." OH. MY. HECK! That one statement hit me to the very core. I laughed of course and said "Thanks." He said, " NO! I'm serious, you do." I shook his hand and left. When I walked out the church doors, I lost it. I sobbed because that one simple little statement from my Bishop made me feel like I am worth it. I just sat in my car and sobbed and thanked Heavenly Father for him saying that and feeling like that. You know... it's interesting how you see the Lord's fingerprints all over your life. Yesterday morning I had a text message from a really good friend that I love that I haven't seen or talked to in a really long time but another friend told them that I needed a phone call and so they texted me. MADE. MY. DAY. Anyway... I think he might be trying to show me that he isn't going to leave me like everyone else. And I need that.

1 comment: