Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Just My Imagination

Today I went for a run/walk around Springville. Last spring/summer I did this alot. I thought I'd share some fun things from my walk (this is proving how much I should NOT have a camera).

I love this house. Although my dream house is a log house, I have always thought it'd fun to buy an old house and fix it. Ever since I saw this house, I have thought "Man I want that house! It's so cute and has so much potential." It had more trees, but they were recently cut down. Sad day!

You can't really see it in the this picture but one of the beauty's of this house is the swing hanging from this tree. I love swings in trees. LOVE THEM.

This was actually a sad part of the walk. This field, used to be a big grassy tree area. NOW... look at those machines of DEATH!!! and what a fitting picture. See that potty? Well... it is fitting because THIS is a load of CRAP! I can't believe they tore it all out, and who knows what they are building. Probably some dumb money pit that some dumb rich person is going to use to buy new cars and trucks and numerous un-needed vacations to the Mediterranean! Stupid urban developers... they are taking over the world and all the beautiful things Heavenly Father has given us. (I'm done with that tangent).

This picture is HILARIOUS... see this little boy? Perfect stranger! Yep... but look what he's doing. He's shooting me with his water gun. LOL!!! Kids are funny. He doesn't even know me. Lucky for me... he is a bad aim.

I love houses that have these upstairs balcony's. I see them, and I just think... that's the problem. I need a balcony, so that the love of my life can show up at like mid-night on his horse and throw little rocks at my window, and then I walk out and he sweeps me off my... balcony (and I don't even fall).
I'm pretty sure that this dog... well, he could pretty much kill me. After I took this picture... I had this thought, "why am I taking his picture with him looking at me like that? It's not like that fence is that high anyway, and he has enough room to run and jump the fence. Tahnee... DO NOT PISS OFF THE DOG!" He even looks like he is assuming the "I'm going to eat you for lunch because my owner is starving me" position. I immediately kept walking, a little fast- I'm not gonna lie.

Can you please read this bench? Now... I ask the obvious question... IN WHAT LIFETIME? (it says "healthy chocolate") I decided Heavenly Father put this bench here to remind, in that very moment, that it IS a good idea to stay on the straight and narrow path, and that in Heaven, all the benches will say this... and they will provide me with baskets of it to eat at will. And then I will live happily ever after. They will also give me Cookies and Milk -chocolate milk to wash down my Flintstones vitamins.

This guy was at a church that I passed on my run. I will admit... I envied him. I always see big pine trees and think of how President Hinckley told everyone to find their own Oak Tree to read and ponder under. Well, I love Pine Tree's, BIG ONES, and so mine is a pine tree. It is an early Saturday afternoon and this guy is laying there under the trees reading. I would have gone and joined him, but that may have crossed the line over into creepy, and no one likes creepy.

This is my idea of a reading/pondering tree.

AND THIS MY FRIENDS...
is why I should not own a camera. The sad thing is... there are about 50 pictures I took today and I wish that I could post comments about every one of them. Like for example... I missed the one with the river and the big pole across it and how I stopped and looked at it and imagined how fun it would be to pretend like I was in gymnastics and do some amazing tricks on that thing, and then the voices in my head said "bad idea dummy...keep on walking". LOL!!! This stuff really happens to me on my walks. I just thought this time... I'd share the dumb thoughts I have with all of you...lucky you!

2 comments:

  1. It underlined that whole paragraph because it's all a link to the photo above it. I hate that dog, love that kid, and envy that man.

    I'm gonna laugh when you post in 3 months and find out that they're putting up a big mormon church right there in the middle of ruining Heavenly Father's creations. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, and I was just thinking that this post is the reason Tahnee should ALWAYS have a camera!

    ReplyDelete