Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

For You I Will

The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
Well... yep, it's true, and official. I am officially signed up for The Race for the Cure. One of my dreams is to run a 5k. Although if I were to be completely honest at this point I would have to say run/walk a 5k, since currently, I cannot run the full 3.1 miles without wanting to kill over and die, so... therefore, I will walk part of it. Although I will continue to train as though I will be able to run the full thing, realizing that reality will step in the morning of the race when I tell myself that shooting myself in the head in not an option and I can walk part of the race. My hope, is that I will run the greater portion, and walk the lesser. I really am excited. Sarah the amazing sister in law of mine gave me some excellent pointers and ideas last night. She is my running hero, as she LOVES this sort of thing and has been doing it for years. She is the team captain, and I have never been so proud to run behind someone (REALLY...FAR...BEHIND...) in my life. I am counting on the fact that she will motivate me by serenading me with songs such as "We Will Rock You", "Eye of the Tiger", "Hearts on Fire", Etc. Maybe she can throw in a little "Bet on It" just for kicks and giggles. Hey, Sarah, if you want, you can run behind me like my personal trainer yelling "Come on Man... you can go faster than that!" or "since when did I invite the tourtise on this run?" or "Hey Grandma... kick it in gear, I didn't pump you full of Geritol for nothing!" However, I take no responsibility for my actions if you somehow end up with a permanent imprint of my fist on your face. Just a small disclaimer. LOL! Just kidding, I love Sarah. Okay... seriously, I am super dee dooper excited and I really plan to keep training for it, so I don't look like a complete idiot and come in last. You know me... I look forward to non-losing moments in my life. It's a pride thing. (No lectures please, I've accepted it, so should you. Pride happens. Move on!)

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'll be behind you all the way. Way...behind...you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so awesome tahn!! Thank you so much for doing this for my mom. Please know that this is a crying race so bring plenty of tissues and plan on dumping a cup of water over your head to mask the failed water-proof mascara!!

    ReplyDelete