Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Be Careful What You Wish For...

So... friday night, I decided to go and purchase Twilight. I left my house at about 11:58, drove to Walmart. Upon pulling into the parking lot I noticed that it was CRAM PACKED! My next thought, actually, it graduated from a thought to a full on one on one conversation with- well, myself. I said.. "Are you kidding me? I sure hope all these people aren't here to buy Twilight. Holy Smokes, get a life people!" Okay... keep in mind, I, Myself was driving into the parking lot to buy Twilight. And... also keep in mind how much I LOVE TWILIGHT! So... I walk inside and there is this massive line of people- of all ages, and I would like to take this opportunity to point out, that this line exhibited gender equality- meaning... there were just as many MEN as there were woman, and I would also like to add that a lot of them, were NOT WITH A WOMAN! Hahaha... Okay, so back to the line. This line had about (no exaggeration) 200 people in it. IN SPRINGVILLE. I about died. Being the non-conformist that I am, I opted to not stand in the line, and instead I walked myself all the way to the other end of the line just to see how this was going down. Once I made it to the other end, I saw that there were about 8 registers that were servicing people and handing out the movie. BUT... only the last line, beheld the 200 people people, I would like to call "cattle", because what I found, was that the other 7 registers, had incredibly short lines. SO... I opted to stand in one of them, instead of the long eternal line. Let this be a lesson to all that just because everyone else is doing it... does not mean it's the best thing to do. We even tried to tell people in the massively long line, that there were much shorter lines, but they wouldn't listen. It was as if they were afraid we were lying and they didn't want to risk thier place in line. It was quite interesting. I was back home at about 12:40. I bet the last person in that other line is still there. LOL! Okay, that's an exaggeration, but I bet they were still there for at least 2 hours. They should have listened to us. Tst..tst..tst... I would never lead a fellow Twilighter astray! UNTHINKABLE!!!

Next, I would like to thank Carol Anne (who's name is not Carol Anne, but Carol Jean- I wanted her middle name to be Anne, so I "re-named" her, and it's been going strong about 6 years now) for giving me this present...

Okay.. Lesson number 2 in the Twilight Adventure, "temporary" does not always mean.. TEMPORARY! This sucker wouldn't come off!!! LOL!!! I guess this is what happens when you decide to act like you're 12 for the night. I think my arm might be permanantly scarred...RED, from all the rubbing!!! It really is quite funny, but I guess I'll be wearing long sleeve shirts until this stupid thing decides to fade away. HMMM...I always wanted Edward permantly attatched to me... to this I say... be careful what you wish for... it may NOT come in the package you're looking for!
The funny thing is that Leland and Jesse (two men I work with/for) are ALWAYS giving me a hard time about Twilight... and now... I am going to have to hide this from them, because they will NEVER LET ME LIVE IT DOWN! In fact... I can see some lecturing in my near future. I can't wait to tell Jen about it. And... if Carol Anne knew this would happen... I say to her... I see a corner cowboy in your future!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love your picture with your movie. I hope you stayed up till 3:00 watching it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to Aundrea - that is a beautiful picture. Also, I can't help but notice that the world decided to put spring on hold and drop a massive snow storm JUST so you wouldn't look like an idiot in your long-sleeved tattoo covering clothing. You lead a charmed life.

    ALSO $20 says that massive line was feeding into all 8 of the other lines, and everybody hated you for cutting in line. Rude. :)

    ReplyDelete