Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Saturday, October 18, 2008

"I have the best Secretary ever!"

Okay... so, Leland, the guy I work for is like one of the funnest people I have even worked for. He laughs at me, even when I am sarcastic and bratty, he still always says "I have the best secretary ever!" I'm so lucky...
Well... funny thing about that...
Leland isn't so lucky... you see... I like to go in his office and look out over the General Authority Offices, I can see them in their offices and for some dumb reason it intrigues me. One day was in there talking to him. He was working on his computer and I was standing there spinning this beautiful (pricey) globe. When all of a sudden the globe jumped off the stand and bounced on the floor. My eyes popped out of my head, and Leland's head... well it just jerked out and then he yelled "What did you do?!?" My jaw dropped and no words formed. NONE. He then scooted over on his chair to look at the damage. I then quietly said "uh... I think i may have broke your globe. OH MY GOSH!!! I broke your globe!" Then I laughed, and tried to pick it up. Leland also laughed and said "Get away from it! DOn't touch it! Give it to me!" LOL! I was laughing. I apologized and he laughed and said "It's okay. It was already cracked." I handed it to him and he goes "okay... get away, don't touch anything!" It was really quite funny, and embarrasing. He was able to put the globe back on the stand. I said "hey... now it's a 3-D globe. The ocean is sticking out."
See... I think I just created a new fault line. Maybe this is what happened to the city of Atlantis.
I have no idea why Leland loves me so much. Here is another "poor Leland" moment. See this plant?
See those yellow leaves... YEP... I'M TOTALLY KILLING HIS PLANT!!! Leland is on vacation this week, but today... I took this plant to the plant care people on the 1st lower level. I picked the yellow leaves off first, and now... it looks like it's balding- DANG IT! He comes back Monday (in two days) and I still haven't gotten the plant back. I plan to pretend as though there was never a plant there and it was all just a figment of his imagination. Maybe he won't notice the hole there. One can only hope...


2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should tell him. He sounds like he will be okay with it. You didn't mean to kill his plant. I am so excited to see you in about three weeks. Also that was so funny about the globe I laughed so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tahnee you are downright hilarious. I keep turning to Rustin and saying, "your sister is so funny!" Then I ask him, "Why can't you be funny like that? you are related!" Just kidding. Rustin is funny is a dry sort of way. I love your blog it makes me laugh all the time and that is usually what I need.

    ReplyDelete