Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Rustin the Peace Office

You know... I was thinking, now that Rustin is a "Peace Office" I'm thinking it's about time he brings a little PEACE to my life. Just kidding. I was actually pretty proud. I had a couple thoughts about him yesterday (just a couple though). It's like he's all grown up. Even though we've always been pretty close (until Sarah stole him away) but it's like he's... I don't know- grown up. He is a professional now. He actually has official authority/power. Before, he acted like he was authoritative and powerful, and of course we all just laugh, but NOW... he has a certificate saying so. It was a really great graduation. The speakers were great, really opened my eyes. One thing they said was that these guys are held to higher standard and they have to live by that standard. I thought, well... that should be easy for Rustin, he already does live to a higher standard in his life. I was really proud of him yesterday.
I love this picture because every single time in my life Rustin has said "Tahnee, how tall are you? 4 foot nothin'?" ran through my head, and I have to admit, there was lots of smilin' on my face. That guy behind him could kiss his bald shiny head- if he wanted to.
AW....there he is... after getting the diploma. I have to point out how he looks so tough. Crazy. I mean, he does have a bullet proof vest on underneath, but man... what if this guy ran into you, or pulled you over. Talk about crap in the pants. He isn't even fat, it's muscle (don't let that go to your head). My brother is tough... awesome!
Bubba and Daddy.
Rustin and cute Sarah.
Here are all the cadets and their instructors at the academy.
Dad, Rustin, and Bubba.
LOL! I'm about to make fun of this picture, and I'm sorry Rustin, but when I just scrolled down to it... I laughed. I like this picture cause he looks so tough, BUT... he also looks like he's assuming the pushin' potpourri position. Sorry Rust... I love ya, but it was too funny to pass up.

After the graduation... we were standing outside and it started to rain. We all started walking to the cars. Bubba was the last in the line. All of a sudden he stops and we hear him saying something and Sarah and I turn around. He is bent over pulling up his pant leg, and this is what he found... HIS DIAPER. It had fallen off (there was too much pee weight to hold up his little diaper) and slipped all the way down his leg. Sarah and I busted up laughing. That boy can hold his own (or not) in the pee department. I don't think I've seen a kid with so much pee.
It was an aweome day. Congrats Rustin. I love ya!!!
Here is a video of part of the DVD they showed up from their time at the academy. This is Rustin fighting a guy. I missed the whole first part of it. Sorry, but this part is good.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for sharing that, Tahn. I really miss all of you and I started to cry. Of course it doesn't help being pregnant. Those emotions just go wild.

    ReplyDelete