Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Monday, June 15, 2009

A night of firsts

So... yesterday I made dinner at the Rubow house. I made Cafe' Tahnee's Pork Barbacoa Salads. Okay... it's really Cafe' Rio. But this isn't Cafe Rio. It was a ton of work, and some might place it in the "breaking the sabbath by working" category, but it was fun for me. I love to cook. I almost screwed it up because I cut all the nasty fat off from around the pork roast, and when Dave say... he about died. But we put it back in the pot and it actually turned out great. I of course pulled all that off before shredding it. They were so yummy. I was surprised how much they really did taste like the salad. It makes a ton of stuff, so I'm sure we'll be eating it again. This is so cute. Mo sang her first song... and here it is. We were eating last night (ignore the mess in the background, I had not yet cleaned up from making dinner. I had to clean up 3 times during the process of making that stuff. See... ton of work) and Davey turned the music on and all of sudden Mo starts singing along. Dave, Nic, and I were like... WHAT?!?! It was so cute and funny.

3 comments:

  1. We had Cafe Rio on Saturday--without all the work (just stand in a mildly ridiculous line and come out with awesome food in a cute little plastic bag). You could come cook for us any time you want! I'll even clean up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang right it's a lot of work! but totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! You should post the recipe. I'd love to try and make that. I love all of your posts, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete