Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Just a thought...

So... I've been reading this amazing book called Joseph and Emma: A love story, it's by Marsha Newman and Buddy Youngreen. It's so good. I had a hard time finding it to buy it. I finally gave up and then Mom borrowed it from her friend for me. It's a 2 volume series. I finally found it on Amazon.com. You can't get it at Deseret Book, you might be able to special order it though. ANyway... the point is... I love them. DISCLAIMER: I am on this spiritual high today because of them. My love for Joseph Smith and even Emma has sky rocketed since I started reading them. I have learned so much about the love of the Lord, for all of us. The newest thing is that the Lord loves us so much regardless of what he lets enter our lives to hurt us and cause us pain and discomfort. Even the times that we think "why is the Lord letting this happen to me, I try to be faithful. Why doesn't he step in and stop this?". Does that mean he isn't there or doesn't love us? Absolutely not! It means he gets to be there to hold and comfort us, we just don't always realize that is the case. Those things will happen in life REGARDLESS of what our religious/spiritual station is at the time. The difference is you acknowledge his presence and comfort more if you are faithful. And you will most likely turn to him and let him help you through it. This is what has struck me hard about Joseph. And this is just one of the things. One amazing thing is that there is NO WAY Joseph made this stuff up. Why would he add all the times the Lord rebukes him for things that I may do and never think to ask forgiveness for. The sins of omission. Why would he do that if he was just writing a story (this is obviously in the D&C). He wouldn't. He wrote the words of God. Anyway... I just wanted to share my thoughts today. This doesn't even skim the surface of how I feel about Joseph Smith. This book bring him to life. Shows you the person behind the prophet. I love that.

2 comments:

  1. I can't even tell you how much I needed to read your post today. So much has happened in my life lately that has made me ask "why is this happening..." but after reading this I am reminded that I am not alone in my trials in life. Thanks for the reminder Tahnee. xoxo

    ReplyDelete