Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Friday, June 5, 2009

On the Lord's Errand

Have you seen this? It's so good.

Today, I went to find a baptism present for Davey (he is getting baptized tomorrow). I saw this video in the front of the Distribution Center. I had to pick it up. On the back of it says this:
"THE SWEETEST EXPERIENCE I know in life is to feel a prompting and act upon it and later find out that it was the fulfillment of someone's prayer or someone's need. And I always want the Lord to know that if He needs an errand run, Tom Monson will run that errand for Him."
Now... of course I had to buy it. I was too excited to wait until I got home to watch it so I put it in my DVD and listened to it while I continued to work. Of course, there was crying. It's about the life of President Monson. There are several amazing inspiring stories. The first one that made me cry was of this family that came over from Europe. He was their Bishop and asked him to look at the apartment for them. The place was what they could afford, but it was a dump. This bothered him, so he went to meeting on sunday and told the members of the council. Everyone offered up service. Someone laid carpet (see... eyes watering up just writing this), got furniture, the RS president said that she couldn't see cupboards without food in the, and she filled them. Various other kind acts of service took place. They didn't tell the family they had done all this. When President Monson took them to the apartment, the husband apologized to his wife for the condition the apartment was going to be in. When the opened the apartment and saw what had been done for them, they we so happy.
I love service, so much. I need to do more of it. It's what we're here for. Can you imagine how much that family had to have felt the Lord's love for them at that moment. See... we need to take care of each other. We need to love- ALWAYS! All the stories on the DVD are awesome. Another one I loved was of a little girl who was ill in bed. They lived in Louisiana. They wanted a general authority to give their very ill daughter a blessing. They looked through the GA's and when looking at Pres Monson they wanted him to give her a blessing. They were planning to fly to Utah to have him give her the blessing and we unable to do so. They then wanted to have him do it as he was planning to attend thier stake conference. Just days before the conference he had to cancel his trip. The family was devastated. President Monson did not know that they were planning on him giving their daughter a blessing. The family decided to leave it in the Lord's hands. President Monson was in a Conference when he felt prompted that he needed to give this blessing. He went to the families home and gave their little girl a blessing. Their daughter ended up passing away. The thing that amazes me about this story is that even though this family this much faith, and that the Lord loved them so much to send them President Monson, what they wanted, didn't happen. It just shows 2 things. 1- how much the Lord loves us, and how he is in complete control. 2- how much he loves the children.
I love that lesson. Cause just because what we want to happen, may not happen, doesn't mean the Lord is not there, Will not reach his hand forth to envelope us in his love. He will.
I also bought a Brother of Jared figurine cause I have been waiting for them to get one and they did. I love the Brother of Jared. Now it is sitting on my desk, to inspire me , always. Or maybe just inspire me to be good and not bad. I sure do like when the Lord says "That was a good choice Tahnee". But it seems that I tend to get more "That was a bad choice Tahnee." Anyway... you should watch this, I can lend mine to you. It's a must watch video.

2 comments: