Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Monday, June 1, 2009

An Adventurous Saturday Morning

Our adventures Saturday began with a yard sale, across the street. Davey wanted to go, I did too cause I love them, and so he and I walked across the street. I was slightly embarrassed being that it was our neighbors and I was going to look at the crap they didn't want. So, mostly i was going to see if there was anything worthy of Davey's money. Funny thing is I was the one that spent all the money. I came back home with some amazing scrapbook/card making stuff. I didn't take a picture though, sorry.
Next, Nic and I took the kids and went for a bike ride. And the award for woos of the year goes to... (drum roll please) ME!!! I pulled this trailer and Nic pulled Keili on the bike that attaches to the back of her bike (can't remember what's it's called.). Shoot man, I don't think they make a gear slow enough for me to pull this sucker up a hill. Okay, I didn't have to use the lowest gear, but I sure felt like woos of the year. The good news is that my butt has pretty much gotten used to riding, so I didn't have to deal with the pain of the seat too much. It was fun. I got a dang good workout doing it. Here are the cute kiddos I pulled along, who were complete angels by the way.
Next, we got home and started some house work. Nic spotted this killer spider, it was so huge it was like staring us in the face mocking us, as if we couldn't kill it. I threw Nic some paper towel, A LOT OF IT, then you don't have to hear or feel any spider death. She was so afraid of it. So I said "you can always do like me and spray it death with some kind of chemical." She said okay. The best chemical she had under her sink was carpet cleaner. So we foamed it to death. Well, we thought, but then the sucker was trying to break free.
So she covered it with the wad of paper towels. There was A LOT of girly screaming going on, if you can imagine. This my friends, is why Men are good around the house. They are born and bred spider killers. After she put this over it, then there was a new concern. "What if we are freeing it under there. We gotta get it off."
So she grabbed a bag, which I held. She couldn't bring herself to touch the paper towel and neither could I, so because Nic is so flippin' smart, she ran and grabbed the tongs and scooped the crap into the bag I was holding. I then ran (literally) with said bag, holding it as far away from me, and with only two fingers, out the front door and to the garbage can outside. STUPID STUPID SPIDERS! Then Nic cleaned and sanitized the table.

And that was our adventurous Saturday morning.

2 comments:

  1. Look at the mess you made to kill one little spider

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I scream like that about spiders as well. It's so Bad Sarabeth runs around the house sreaming bug! Gross!

    ReplyDelete