Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Chef Girl De-Tahnee

So... last Saturday I went over to Delta to go on a double date with Lacey and Travis. I had tons of fun by the way. I'm pretty sure though that the combination of Mt. Dew, Shot guns, clay pigeon throwers (non-automatic) and two girls MAY tend to be a bad combination. Especially when one of those girls drinks 2 Mt. Dews and then starts to sporatically perform cheers (I'm not mentioning names, but I hope she is reading this). LOL! It was lots of fun. Lacey and I just couldn't throw a clay pigeon to save our lives. We attempted it time and time again, and were denied time and time again. Lacey even started to just throw them with her hands instead of putting them in the thrower. There is also a very good chance there was lot of giggling about it on our parts. And Travis also may have shook his head at one point and said "WOMEN!!!". Well anyway.. Aaron, the guy they set me up with, made this amazing dutch oven dinner. It was seriously so good. It had what I like to call "the secret ingredient" in it. I'll give Rustin one guess what it was... It was the juice from heaven. Yep, Mt. Dew. Well... last night I tried to recreate said dutch oven dinner for Dave and Nicole and I. It was good, but not quite as yummy as Aarons. Here it is. I think I put too much Mt. Dew. LOL!!! Anyways... I was proud of myself, so I had to post this picture on the blog. And by the way... if you haven't hung out with Travis and Lacey in a while... you should, they are tons of fun.
Oh... and, I plan to attempt this recipe until I get it right.

1 comment: