Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Monday, May 11, 2009

We're all in this together! (and other stuff too)

Okay, so... I will start by telling you of a bad habit I have gotten in to. It's not really a habit at this point, but if I'm not careful, it could become one. Jen and I both like Diet Mt. Dew. We occasionally walk across the street, (or jay walk depending on our level of obedience and ... adventure at the time) to the corner market and get a drink... like this (below). Well today, as I put my glass under the O so amazing Diet Dew and filled it, I pulled my cup out so that the foam could go down, I noticed the syrup running out. It was like a continuous stream of diet dew syrup (YUM) I contemplated sticking my head under the sprewer thing, but... that may have crossed the line from casual drinking, to full on addiction- or so it would look. I didn’t’ know what to do so of course I stuck my cup under the thing again. I pushed the button, didn’t stop. I was like “JEN!!! Look at the machine!” We started laughing and were like “OH NO!!!” Jen hurried and filled her cup with ice and pushed the button to get her drink, it still didn’t stop running. The lady runs around the counter to try to fix it and it was spraying ALL OVER HER. Jen and I felt so bad. I was like... "Hey, you're be smellin' Dew all day". Well, after us, she had to resort to putting the "Out of Order" sign on the thing. I say... "we got there JUST IN TIME! Phew!!! That was close!" LOL! Poor lady, she was so sticky and wet. When I got back and told Leland I was waiting for him to tell me that it was some kind of sign that I wasn't supposed to be drinking the stuff. Jesse tried to take care of that by handing me a paper the other day listing all the soda pops and other drinks and the amount of Caffeine in them. I just handed it back and said "I don't want this. I prefer to live in denial!"NOw... moving on... Can you please look at this envelope? Yes, this is a for real envelope, mailed to my friends Jen's hubby, Cam. He gave it to her to give me. They told me I couldn't sell it on Ebay. Although I am not a Jacob fan... I think this is REALLY COOL. I had no idea that this tribe, or place even existed, OR that they existed together. Cam and Jen delivered a pool to the tribe a couple months ago, in La Push Washington. How cool are they? And... they went to FOrks and Jen bought a Cullen crest t-shirt at a store there. I want to be Jen. LOL!
Now.. the amazing RACE for the Cure. I loved it. Although, like Rustin said, it should be named the "walk for the cure" cause there wer 20.000 people there, it was still tons of fun and I love when I get to do stuff with Rustin and Sarah.
Okay, I have to tell you... I love Sarah's parents. They made me feel so included. SO did Sarah's aunt. I just love them. When I got there they gave me a hug. I saw Sarah's mom's shirt after she hugged me. It said "I'm indestructible... remember. ~Rhonda. As I saw it, I felt so emotional. In case you didn't know, her mom (Rhonda) has breast cancer, which I went to the race in the first. To support her, and Sarah. I was so glad I did. We all got a shirt just like hers. There were so many people there. And a lot of survivors. The pictures below were from the survivor parade after the race. I left my camera in the car along with my phone, so I didn't get any other pictures... sorry. On the way home I turned on my High School Musical tunes and the first song I listened to was "Breaking Free", I starting listening, and it reminded me of Sarah's Mom, and I was singing along and started to cry. Then the next song was "We're all in this together", and I pretty much lost it during that song. I just think Sarah's mom is so strong. And it's true, that's how I felt that day, that we ALL are in this together. Even though I don't know her that well, I loved her so much that day. We are all in this together. She has such a good attitude about this. I just admire her. ANyway... that was amazing 5k day. I will do it every year from now on!!!

How about this lady in her stiletto's. You go girl!!! I wonder if she walked the whole thing in these. That would be impressive. She is a cancer survivor.
These guys... were really in this get up (those are really pink underwear over their pants. I can't remember the writing on their rears, but whatever makes them happy I guess.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Tahn I REALLY loved having you there. Sorry I was in such a weird mood. Sometimes I don't know how to handle the overwhelmness of this whole "cancer" idea!! Love you Love you Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Tahn--Don't worry that we lost each other at the Race for the Cure. It would have been a miracle if we found each other in the crowd of 20 thousand people. We are so excited for the family reunion too! I think we're doing the water hike again, and hopefully repelling too. We look forward to seeing you and everyone else. :)

    ReplyDelete