Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Don't pop your blood vessel on my desk...

SO... about, um... 20 minutes ago, this man comes up here to Kathy's desk (pictured below, she is home practicing tomorrows sick voice, so she isn't sitting there-sorry) and kind of clears his throat so I know he is there. He is just standing there on the other side of the counter, and the following display takes place:

Lovely Son of God (LSOG): Is kathy here today?
Me: No, sorry, she is out sick.
LSOG: Hmm... sick. Well, in January I called kathy and told her that I had a projector that I needed picked up. I explained how we no longer needed it, and she said that she would send someone up that afternoon to retrieve it. I told her I would place it in the elevator lobby closet on our floor, and she said that would be fine.

Lovely Son of God then pulls this thing out from under the counter and SLAMS (not nicely placed, this was a full on slam) it on the counter. Imagine the loudest slamming sound you can and look at the size of this thing. I was shocked! And... can I ask the question: Was he trying to hide if from me for effect? Cause he sure waited for the punch line to slam the sucker on the counter. I hope he wasn't putting too much thought into this on the way down to our floor.

LSOG: So... I'm delivering it to you guys, so call whoever you need to to get this where it needs to go.
Me: Okay (shock, jaw drop, shock... BAD WORD mustered in head, more shock!) Thank you. Have a good day. (LSOG already gone)

Thank you? Have a good day? What the.... Hey, I may have been nice and loving, and said those things, but let me tell you... if he could have read my mind... his experience with me would have included a few more colorful words. BUT... since how I am a LOVELY Daughter of God, I would not sink to his level. Sheesh man! Get a grip, it's not that bad. I'm sure the closet got over it A LONG TIME AGO!!!
This is where I sit there after he walks away in my own shock and silence not able to believe that Lovely Son of God just treated even Lovelier Daughter of God... ME, in such a ... um... LOVING way. He dented the freaking counter. Then after about 30 seconds of no sound at going by, I wheeled my chair back to see if Jesse was in his office, and he was so...

Me: Jesse? Um...
Jesse: Yep, there ya go. Welcome to the Church Office Building.

LOL! Sad, just plain sad!

2 comments:

  1. Meanwhile, in the same building, Lovely Daughter of God #2 is asking if it is USUAL for people to have to call to ASK for paper towels in the restroom. And I'm thinking, "Seriously? Is it really that important? I mean, it took you all of 15 seconds (or less) to dial this number. You've now spent more time complaining about it." (There was more in my head, too.)

    Please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I agree, that closet didn't mind holding the oversized (and slightly overweight) projector thing while the desk certainly DID mind (as witnessed by the dent) holding it.

    Shortly after SDOG2 called, Sweet Sister Missionary 1 called asking why they haven't seen anybody to take care of the light hanging out of the ceiling that is threatening their lives. OK fine, I wouldn't sit under it either. But really. Do you have to put on your snooty voice when you call?

    Some people's kids.

    ReplyDelete