Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Trip Down Memory Lane

First of all... our weekend started with a trip to the Scandinavian Festival. Being that our roots are Danish, it's always kind of fun to do that. It was quite rainy and I accidentally deleted the good picture of all the shops. There weren't as many "Scandinavian" Festivities this year, kind of disappointing, but still fun.

This is a picture of the Stage, there was this band playing (again I was delete happy) and I LOVED them. They were a bunch of old guys, but they sang some really good classic rock songs. It was fun. I actually knew and like them all.
Then on Monday, Nic, Dave, the kids, Mom and Dad and I went out to Tooele and Erda. We went to the Tooele Cemetery to see Grandma and Grandpa and put flowers on thier graves. I love this picture cause although some might think this dis respective, not our Grandparents. I'm sure they loved it.
Here they are, Dad's parents. Good old Juney bug and Kemo. I sure miss them. Notice (well maybe you can't see) but they got married when they were 17 years old. No wonder Grandpa acted the way he did and gave Grandma so much grief, he hadn't yet matured. I will never forget when I asked Grandpa how he proposed to Grandma he just said "I didn't! I was understood!" LOL! Totally Grandpa!
Here is Nic and her kiddos. They really liked the cemetery. Keili even asked Grandma where the doors were (she wanted to see where they were at, to get to where they were). CUTEY!!!
I love these pictures cause they are just chillin'.

Okay, this is super cute. You know Grandpa, she loved pine cones and loved to collect the beautiful in nature and take them home, much to Grandpa's grief. Grandma always doubled up her fist and threatened Grandpa and got her way (my hero). Someone (we think Aunt Wendy) had put some pine cones in the dirt here for Grandma. Miley saw them and found a little baby sized one and is putting it the dirt. I thought, Man... Grandma must be so proud. Here's a little Grandma Juney in the making.
Dad throwing Miley up in the air.
Dad thinking he's done. Miley protesting and wanting more. You'd think Dad would learn, you can't throw Mo in the air once and be done.
I put this one in because notice the pine cones lined up in front of the head stone. Davey, Keili and Miley left those for Grandma. CUTE, and a tear jerker. I have to tell you, I didn't add the picture but Keili kept seeing flowers on people graves that had tipped over. She went around and picked up all the flowers that were tipped over. Cute huh?
Okay, next we ventured out to Erda to the old house and neighborhood. It looked so different. A LOT smaller than I remember. Here is the east side of the house where our big swing set/clubhouse Dad built us WAS.
Our house is grey now. Wierd. And they took out the mound of flowers and trees in the front. There is a fence there (you can't really see), OH.. and the big pine tree on the east side of the house was chopped down (sad).
WHAT THE.... they took out most of the side grass. And there is a big rig barn in the way of the barns and horse arena. It's so weird and hard to see someone change what feels like you home. It's saddening to see. It almost feels like someone is wiping those memories away. It is crazy how many memories came flooding back this weekend. Things I had forgotten.
Next... look at Tooele High School. It is so different. They tore down our Tooele High and built this new and improved one. But still, the memories.... It is super nice though and a lot bigger. IT's just kind of heartbreaking to see things change. I hate that kind of change. GO BUFFS!!!
When we left we took the back way through Genola (which I fell in love with and wish there was a single farmer/rancher around my age that would marry me there) and came around the north west side of Santaquin to our house. It was so BEEE-YOOO-tiful! I loved it. This picture in no way shape or form does it justice. I will go on a bike ride out there and shoot some better pics so you can see why this is my dream place to live. This picture is a field of orchards.

Anyway... it was so much fun, and I loved the trip down memory lane, even though it was sad to see everything change, such is life. Life is about change and handing over the things of our pasts. I wish it was easier to do though. I sure love Tooele valley. Nic, Dave, and I all agreed that it feels like home when you drive into town. Nothing has ever felt like home like it does when I go out there. I love it so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment