Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Thursday, February 26, 2009

See what happens when you leave me alone...

Well... Wednesday night I had to help out the Young Women in my ward with a scavenger hunt. This scavenger hunt took place at the mall. They assigned each of us to a different store and we had to wait at that store for an hour for the girls/guys to come by. Okay... can your eyes pop out like mine did when you read what store they assigned me to... SHUBACH JEWLERS!!! A freakin' ring store. "Hey... let's make the single girl hang out in the ring store for an hour looking like the girl who had a dream." hahahaha... well... I sat there for like 40 minutes and NO ONE CAME!!! I was getting ancy, SOOO... this is what happens when Tahnee gets bored. I reverted back to my childhood and did some people watching. This may not come as a shock to some of you. I started to take pictures of the crazies and the interesting. Pretty much i took pictures of my thoughts... and here they are.... Sorry they aren't that great of pictures, but considering I was trying to lay low, I think they will have to do.

This sticker was pretty much just taunting me the whole time. There's a good chance that someone may have taken over my body, got up, walked over the counter and purchased it. I take no responsibility for my actions at the time. The sign says you can get it WHATEVER SIZE YOU WANT... the size I may or may not have gotten... well now that's priveleged information. (It's the Michael Jordan logo sticker.) Do you how cool that thing would be life sized? Fricken' Sweet!!! That's all I know.

You can't see this very well, but I would like to introduce you to Mullet Man. I tried to get the front of his face, but couldn't. He has red hair... a mullet and Elton John glasses on, they are even tinted. He kept walking past me when i was sitting on the bench... I'm not gonna lie... it pretty much freaked me out.

This lady... she passed me 9 times (I really counted) I'm pretty sure she was getting her excercise in the mall. Either that, or she is VERY indecisive, and if that be the case, I say... it is girls like her that give rest of us "decision making women" a bad name.

and
DUNT...DA...DA...DA...
THE WINNER IS.... (DRUM ROLL PLEASE)
Shopping Cart Man!!!
Who has a freaking shopping cart in the mall?
He only had one thing in it... and it was a kid. I say... GET A STROLLER!!! But hey... who needs a stroller when you can steal your very own shopping cart.


Well finally the YW leaders came over and interupted my good time and told me had to actually be IN THE STORE. I was like... What the....
So... I wandered in and went up to the incredibly attractive.. oh wait... YEP, THERE'S A RING ON HIS FINGER OF COURSE... man working in the store and explained the patheticness that was Tahnee that night. He was actually really cool about it. Then.. this guy from my old singles ward saw me in there, even though I was doing that whole ,look away when he looks your direction so he doesn't recognize you, thing. He came in and started asking me questions. I even made the joke about the family ward assigning the single girl to the ring store, and HE DIDN'T EVEN LAUGH! JERK!!! BOY was I a little uncomfortable as i was sitting in the ring store just waiting.. waiting for my prince to ride up on his white horse and give me a stinkin' reason to be sitting there. At least that's what I felt like. Shoot... I would have settled for Shopping Cart Man and his kid. I would have even pushed the dang cart. LOL! Just kidding. Anyway... it was cool when the kids started coming, and once they were all there... I was out of there!!!

1 comment:

  1. Tahnee I can't stop laughing!! That is so funny. Tears were coming out of my eyes about the shopping cart man!! Oh my gosh you need to be a writer. Can't wait to see you this weekend! WOOHOO I am so excited to go somewhere...

    ReplyDelete