Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Don't "Miss It"

SPRING!!!!
You kind of have to look closely to see the new life in this picture, but it is springing up all over Temple Square. I love it. The other day I was walking by with Jen the Great (one day I will introduce her to you) on our typical walk across the street to get a drink and/or sandwich and "catch up" talk, seeing as I don't get to talk to her much at work because it gets so busy up there. Especially for her. As we were walking, she totally stops the conversation and goes "Look at all the (this is where she named the actual flowers, of which I can't remember) starting to come up", and she was so excited. It made me laugh, first that she actually knew their names and next because she was so enthusiastic about it. But I had never noticed that happening before that moment. The next day I was walking across campus in the early afternoon, it was so beautiful outside and I was remembering that talk with Jen. I started to smile as I stopped walking and looking all around me and it was everywhere. Life was beginning EVERYWHERE! It was happening all around me and I was oblivious to it. Now... a little look into the teaching of loving Father who's only job is being a Daddy. His driving force is to bring us all back to him, and he'll help us pretty much every chance he can, if we want him to- I had this thought as I was standing there, and it went like this... My life is like unto this moment right now. There is so much good springing up around me, so much life and I am so oblivious to it. Heavenly Father is putting some of the most amazing, beautiful things in my path and I am missing it. I'm totally missing it. How frustrating for him. It's like when I try to (this will show you how much I am not like him-which is sad) play on a joke on someone and they don't even get it, or know I have done it. It drives me so nuts that I finally have to just have to (in a slightly raised voice) tell them. And then they are like... OH!!! Ha ha ha. And it loses it's effect. This is how I think it must be when Heavenly Father blesses us, or is trying to bless us, and we totally don't even see it, or get it. Needless to say... I had joy, the rest of the day. Men are that they might have...JOY.


No comments:

Post a Comment