Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Monday, February 16, 2009

My Two Valentines


This is bubba looking at me like- Uh... do realize what an idiot you like. I was trying to be silly to get him to warm up to me. He doesn't look too impressed does he. I finally gave him some sweet tart candies- 3 to be exact, and guess what... I turned back around, and all 3 were in his mouth. He could barely smile with them in there. MAN... candy does it EVERY TIME!!!

This year... I got 2 valentines, and BOY WAS IT FUN. Mom babysat Sariah and Kempton while Rustin went to some fur expo thing in Nephi for his new Man vs Wild job (I can't remember the name). I made sugar cookies with them, and played with them until we had to take them to meet crusty rusty (aka- Dad). I tried to get them to call him Crusty Daddy, but... they overpowered me. Good thing there's that saying: "if at first you don't succeed... try, try again." I like to live by that motto. It was so funny making cookies with them because, as always, children are an adventure for me, and as we cut the dough... they thought we were supposed to eat it after cutting it out. Of course, not wanting to ruin my ever so wonderful nickname of Awesome Aunt Tahnee, I couldn't tell them No. Don't worry Sarah, I quickly redirected them to arranging them on the pan. There was hardly any raw egg ingestion. I just figure that if Bubba can eat inspector # 9, then one smidgin' of a raw egg won't do much harm. Also, I kept chasing them around Mom and Dads house, growling. I had to live up to the nickname Griz one way or another. They were so funny. I finally had to catch them and throw them on the couch to get a rest. It was fun though. It's funny in this video how Sariah stops and tells me to get him. LOL! Silly kids. It was sure fun!

Finally gettin' a rest from all the running. I think we ran around that house about 50 times. Well... okay, there's a good chance that might be a SLIGHT exaggeration, but it felt like that many times. I needed a rest, but as you can tell, they were ready for my rest to be O-V-E-R!!! How stinkin' cute are they?

2 comments:

  1. Okay so you do understand that you are pretty much the coolest aunt there is...and if your nieces and nephews don't realize that one day...I'll personally call them and fill them in!! hee hee You're gonna make the bestest momma one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agee with Katie you are sarabeth just loves you. she still remembers your name. i miss you all so much.

    ReplyDelete