Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Abby and Tahnee's BIG ADVENTURE!!!!

On Saturday Night, I took abby to Build a bear for her belated birthday. It was so cute. We walked up to the store, and she saw the pink monkey in the case and ran right over to it in the bin. She picked it up and I was like... Welp... that was easy. We went and stuffed it. She was slightly disturbed by what took place, and very shy, but got through it. She loved bathing it, but mostly... she LOVED all the stuff in the store. We're talking kid in a candy store, and Tahnee keeping one eye on Abbers so she doesn't get kidnapped, and one eye on the clothes to see what she wants. I mean... if money were no object... Abby would have come home with a stroller, a car, a car seat, a baby bag, 10 different outfits, plus shoes, a princess chair, etc. This monkey would have been in jungle paradise. I kept grabbing her and bringing her back over- my attempt to make her focus. Then as she was picking an outfit, I would put back what she had. Finally she saw an outfit... and goes (really loudly) Rora!!!! (Aurora from sleeping beauty). She was so excited, so we put it on. Then she hugged it tight. CUTE!!!! and totally worth all the exercise I got in that store. Then she grabbed some shoes and I scooped her up to get her over the name station. We named her Rori (for Aurora). She was so cute. She had to carry her box, of course. It pretty much drug on the floor.
Next, I picked her up so we could rush to the car to meet Dave and Nic at Jumpin Jacks. Can I just bow down to all mothers right now. HOLY SMOKES. Abby is not heavy, and a small child. But I made it down one isle in the mall and I thought I'd have back problems for the rest of the night. HOW DO YOU PEOPLE DO IT!!!? Testimony Time with Tahnee: Heavenly Father sends them weighing 5-9 lbs, and being able to only pee, poop, eat, and sleep for a reason. Your body has to adjust to this stuff! As they grow... your muscles grow and adapt.... this, I know to be true!!! Anyway...
We rush over to Jumpin Jacks, but I take pictures of Abby cuddling with Rori in the car- CUTE.
At Jumpin Jacks... we had a ball. I love this place. Man... is it ever a workout! Here is a video of me trying to get Abby and I up the adult slide. She was laughing so hard. Her legs were too short and she kept slipping, so I would push her up, and then step up... it pretty felt like a life time. And once we went down... she wanted to go up again, and I let her. We did this about 5 times. I think I burned 1000 calories that night.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! She's lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did have a lot of fun. thanks again for doing that Tahnee

    ReplyDelete