Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The exclamation point day...

Well.. to help you understand this story I will have to say that last night... Satan and I got in a fight... and I am sad to report that he won! JERK!!! I had a small breakdown in my car on the way home from the Jazz game. I know, I know- this already makes no sense because the Jazz, contrary to popular belief of idiots, they pretty much rock! At least in my world they do. Last night they cremated the Hawks and it was a fantastically fun time. I even bought a Jazz dart board and I played it last night- you'd be surprised how easily darts help to blow off some steam. Well... moving on, I got to work today and did the classic acting like life is peachy keen and happy and blah, blah, blah. You know... what I pretty much excel at in life.
Well...as the day went on, my stress from the previous night began to creep in- let's call this his majesty, the bottom dweller from the depths of hell. I had to go for a walk-Well as i finished I was walking on the sidewalk by the temple tunnel toward the parking lot under the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. I was thinking about my family and how I probably don't spend enough time with Mom and Dad. Well... of course, like a stupid girl my eyes started to get all watery. As I looked ahead on the sidewalk I could see a white cart coming. I moved to the side. I still had my headphones on. As it approached me it was Elder Uctdorf. He looked at me and got this big smile on his face and waved at me. I waved back and as he passed I got this flooding overwhelming feeling of Heavenly Father's love for me. Of course I think you know what happened then. I'M A GIRL, this is what we do! Enter... the waterworks, and me trying my hardest not to look like I was crying. And in that moment... it didn't matter one iota what anyone said or did to me, or thought of me, cause I didn't care at all. And that feeling is worth all the hurt in the world.
Okay... so I share that because I just have this amazing love for Heavenly Father and how he pokes his head in at the perfect time- all the time. I mean, he's always there, but when you really need a hug, or someone to love you, he always lets you know, and with a giant exclamation point. That's what I feel like it is. Life is normally like a sentence with a period at the end, you feel his love and know he's there. BUT... when you really need him, it's like life is a sentence with an exclamation point. He REALLY tells you he loves you. It's amazing. I just hope everyone knows that. Cause it applies to everyone. I mean... If there was ever a child that he shakes his head at in pure shock, I'm sure it's me, but he still loves me- and isn't that awesome? I say YES!!! I mean... he is letting me mold young 4 and 5 year old minds in primary. LOL! I know.. it's shocking. I almost asked the Bishop to go back and get a confirmation number from the Lord on that call. BUT... alas... I did not. It would have just been one of those head shaking, sigh, and "who's daughter is that?" moments.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Tahnee. It's always so nice to be reminded.

    P.S. I can't think of anyone better to serve the Primary children than someone who can laugh and love--someone just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tahn, What in the crap!!! When you feel like that you better dogone be gettin on the phone!! I am sitting here in my house while your brother becomes some tough cop while I care for his offspring. You better call me you poophead and I mean that in the best way. I hope you understand. I am for sure no Elder Uchdorf but I would love to hear why the tears are falling in the first place!!!!! You getting this or do I need to buy a neon sign and post it out your window??

    okay I feel better-do you??

    ReplyDelete