Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Saturday, February 28, 2009

If you say "traveling" one more time...


Okay... so, I wasn't really a Utes fan, BUT I am a basketball fan and I have been watching the Utah basketball games at the gym. So... when my good buddy Kimmy invited me to the game I was ecstatic. I just love basketball. To make a long story short... she pretty much excited my pride and on our lunch break last friday, we went to Fanzz in the gateway and bought "gear". She was SO MAD at me because I went as a Utes fan. In my defense, I have been watching them play a lot and they are pretty good. There were even threats (not surprising for a BYU fan-sorry Kim). She threatened to take away my ticket. LOL!!!

The good news.. we won the tip off.
I have to say that my pride may have accelerated quite nicely at this game, that I stopped clapping for BYU. Kim is going to be mad at this... but she'll get over it, she knows I love her. It was DRIVING ME CRAZY that everything the Utes did was either traveling or a foul. The traveling thing... that was pissing me off (sorry Dad for the p-word useage). And of course, like any basketball arena full of fans, they seem to ignore their own mistakes and blame the refs for everything. It bugs me though. I just appreciate good basketball. At first I thought it was cool that they were so hyped up. It made me miss school, but that quickly faded. LOL! Just kidding.

By the way... the Utes ended up losing, but not until after half time. Oh well... NOW... my blood continues to run RED!!!

2 comments:

  1. The Utes are still #1 in the MWC. That means they are the better team. So don't give me any crap... KIM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha... YEAH KIM!!! I would like to point out for the record, (to all of you who think the Lords team is BYU) that Heavenly Father made our blood run red... NOT BLUE!!!! Don't get me going on my Nephite/Lamanite analogy here. You won't like it ONE IOTA!!!!

    ReplyDelete