Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Just One of the Guys

Okay.. this day, was quite the adventure! Dad and Dave and I did a lot of work on the basement in Nic and Daves house so I can move in. We began our day at home depot. First I would like to point out that it would be SO EASY to waste a whole inside Home Depot- but not for the reasons that are to follow. I have to point out that Dad, is a little gimpy because he hurt his knee a couple weeks ago. I kept telling him he was walking like he had a peg leg, and I called him Gimp all day. LOL! I will depict our Home Depot adventure with the following pictures. Though I should have taken more cause we were there FOREVER.

First, we have the EXTREMELY hard decision of picking out just the right screws. Yep, screws. If you could see me in this picture, I would be leaning on the card out of sheer bordem. This worker asked me if I needed help and I said No, that I was with THEM. I then proceeded to walk over and ask them if they needed help, they did, so I told the guy I lied and that they needed help. Of course Dave quickly replied, "Tahnee, we're Men, we don't need HELP!" I just said "They need help!"

NOPE... those won't work... put e'm back...
What I wouldn't give to get my hands on this thing for a day!!! HOLY SMOKES!!! This is the sweetest tool I'VE EVER SEEN!!!

Pickin' out wood. Now... this is a lengthy process. I think that it took less time for Lehi to travel to the promised land than it took Dad and Dave to pick out one flippin' piece of wood. Yep, Dad went through the whole stack. LOL!

I'm pretty sure that I have NEVER taken any where near the amount the time it took Dad and Dave to pick out a piece of wood, to pick out 1 pair of shoes!!! Put that on the record!!!

It's very tedious. YOu hav to look at from every angle possible. It's a good thing that when Dad decided to take me home from the hospital that day he didn't check my every angle. I think this is like Prejudice against wood!!! Men really are shallow!!! I wanted to take all those reject wood pieces home with me and build them a nice home, somewhere they would be loved.

This WAS "the one", but notice how Dad picked up another one. Classic Dad, I know.
DRUM ROLL PLEASE... This is "the real ONE". I put it in the cart and drug Dad out the aisle. There were like 1,000 pieces of wood, he would have kept going. All we needed this for was a shelf in my closet. And this is just to hold the shelf up, it's not even the actual shelf. It's just "shelf support".
This is what I call, Dad and Tahnee together for long lengths of time. Our basket had this huge piece of wood in it and it was hard to turn and I almost directed Dad into hitting someone in the face. So... we decided to put a bucket on the end so we didn't get "pulled over and ticketed". OF course, as you can imagine, Dad and I are dying laughing like we are 6, and Dave looks over, and does the "fatherly disappointed tilt of the head" reaches over and takes it off, sighs, and says let's go. I felt like Dad and I had just been reprimanded and had to sit in time out. Of course it just made us laugh harder. I love when Dad gets silly. OKAY... After about 3 hours (no that is NOT a typo) This is what we bought. I would like to add, for the record, that if I were going to spend 3 hours in a "girly" store, My cart would have much more in it than screws, 3 pieces of wood, 3 blinds, outlet covers and a pipe. RIDICULOUS, fun... but RIDICULOUS!!! We burned some serious daylight in this store!!! I think we walked 5 miles in the time we were there. We covered that store about 6 times- one side to the other!!!!

MAN DO I LOVE DAD!!!!
I am so grateful that Dad and Dave helped me with my living area!!! They are awesome!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love Home Depot. I always used to go with my daddy to the hardware store, and eventually we'd make our way to the "free popcorn" room (which is their version of the super-cool child care in Ikea), and he'd go look at screws (probably)....maybe I need another daddy/daughter date....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I miss you guys. Dad is so funny that way. You really made me feel like I was there laughing with you. How is your room and bathroom coming? Sounds like not too far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tahnee I was laughing SO hard!! It is so true about your dad. I love him for it. You should just be lucky Rustin wasn't in the mix telling you a story about the wood and where it was created from a million zillion years ago :). I also like the "lengthy" process part about the wood. That is so something I would witty with. Anyways hope we get to see you guys soon!! Love ya

    ReplyDelete