Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Friday, May 6, 2011

What a Day

I've been wanting to post about his but I keep forgetting to take a picture of the note so oh well. The other day I had an appointment I had to go to in the morning so I was late to work. When I got to my desk there was a donut with a note that said "Yeah, we're pretty much the coolest people on the planet." LOL... seriously... it made my day. I really did chuckle and smile. I just thought it was sweet and a nice thing to come to work to. I was going to put a picture of the note but I keep forgetting to scan it. Sorry, you'll just have to imagine it. It's not hard, most guys write the same, just imagine the sentence in small clumsy boy handwriting- though it was on a purple post-it. LOL- that's what you get when you dig through a girls desk for something to write on.

OK...

Triumphs for today:

1. I read the whole Book of Mormon today. (ha ha... okay, it was just the book "Mormon" in the B.O.M, but I just couldn't stop reading and I read the whole book and it was awesome)
2. We (the interior designers) have a storage room on 3L. Today, Myself and two of the interns cleaned it out. It has desperately needed it since I started and with all the Ogden stuff, it FOR SURE couldn't wait any longer. Talk about dust. Holy Smokes. And I climbed up on the top shelf and was crawling around... enter triumph #3...
3. No SPIDERS in the storage room! NOT EVEN 1!. Not even a dead dried up one. NONE!!!! Woo Hoo! (I was a teeny bit worried about that as I was crawling around handing boxes down to he ladies.
4. I made it through the whole day without getting dirt on my face- well, at least not big noticeable spots. (okay... this is where I tell you about a not-so-triumph moment... I walked out of the storage room, through the shop up the stairs to 2L, passing people with the two interns- look in the mirror and there is a big round spot on my right breast. DUST. But seriously... I had on a darker brown shirt and dust is white and I might as well have had a sign on me in neon lights that said "LOOK AT MY BREAST!" We laughed so hard. Oh the men I passed. So Sorry. LOL.

We worked our buts off in that room. We didn't finish all of it, but we will. For lunch we went outside on the beautiful grounds and at lunch and laid on the grass. What a beautiful day!

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! oh tahnee, you are funny! and i'm pretty sure you were just sporting a new fashion with the whole dust thing. i was sooo glad there were no spiders! instead we found treasures of shower curtains and old luggage. that was a fun day!

    ReplyDelete