Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Best Grandparents Award

So, my parents came up today. We went out to Tooele to visit Grandma and Grandpa's graves and put flowers on them. It was a lot of fun. On the way back we drove up to Ophir so Dave could show us all his house he lived in before living in Stockton. I seriously loved Ophir. It's a mining town. I'm pretty sure it is listed as a Ghost town. It was so cute though. I should have taken pictures. Sorry. Anyway... when my parents decided to come up to spend the day/night with all of us they came fully equipped with a tent. They decided they wanted to camp out with the kids. How sweet is that. Because it is winter in almost June and raining, they set up camp in the garage. We brought down all the mattresses because cement is not in the same category as grass or dirt.

My Dad said to me just before this picture, "Are you sleeping out here too?" I thought about my nice warm cozy bed just down the stairs and easily said "Nope, it's all you!" He laughed, then said "Well, this is the years first camping trip." LOL.

Next, to finalize the indoor camping adventure Dave made indoor smores. If you are curious how one makes indoor smores (Dave style), you take a cookie sheet, line it with wax paper, put your mallows on it and bake it until golden brown. Take them out and mash them between two chocolate covered grahams. Like so...

BTW... Dave and Nic bought this table in March but the chairs have been on back order (NEVER order anything from Ashley Furniture- unless you want a nightmare) so... they have their regular chairs set up to the table. Only in the Rubow house do you hear the phrase... "Go stand at the table and I'll bring you one." LOL. As opposed to, "Go SIT at the table and I'll bring you one."And two little bums washing up before bed.

It was a great day and the adventure is still going on. We'll see how the camp out goes tonight (wink, wink). I have to say that I have the best parents in the world. They are always trying to do things that will make the kids happy. They love the grand-kids. They seriously win the Best Grandparents Award, hands down!

No comments:

Post a Comment