Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Turbo-legs

Today... I walked with Wes and Rahspody to the second bus stop. We had almost five minutes. I clued them in on this and of course this made them want to walk faster. Being that they are both taller than me... here is your mental image for the night...

Rahpsody (tall), Me (short), Wes (Tall-er than me). Rahpsody (legs moving semi fast), Me (legs moving twice as fast as semi fast- we're talking two steps to her one LONG FAST step), Wes (fast moving legs). Both of them totally oblivious to the fact that this was WORK for me to keep up with them and that my pride was sky high as I wanted to stop and yell "HEY! Freakishly tall people!!!! Little short person here totally out of breath ready to puke!" But of course.. pride won... AGAIN!

1 comment:

  1. :) The good news is that what was a prideful exercise was also a heart-healthy exercise.

    ReplyDelete