Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thanks to Aundrea and her Therapy Chair

Dear Aundrea,

Thank you for having a Therapy Chair! And a great listening ear. You, I LOVE!!!

Tahnee



Yesterday was kind of an interesting day at work. Let's just say I came out of a meeting feeling 50% IRRITATED and 50% THRILLED. So I pay my good friend Aundrea a visit and vent, in her therapy chair. It was great. I laughed, I yelled (as much as you can yell while whispering, so okay, maybe no ACTUAL yelling, but there were hands flailing and faces being made and teeth gritting- all while talking in a whisper tone- it was like Whisper-Yelling). Then I'd laugh and throw in a sarcastic joke, cause that is who I am.
Last night, or more like This morning I woke up at about 2:30am and couldn't go back to sleep. I just couldn't stop thinking. Not about work. You know when you just miss someone so much you can't stop thinking about them- that was me. I had to stop doing that, So I got up and got out all my water color paint stuff and started painting. It's good therapy for me. And now it's home waiting for me to finish.
This morning on the way in I was listening to my Ipod. Thanks to Sarah, I have adopted her idea of pumping myself up in the morning with music. I am creating a playlist of songs that keep the thoughts away I don't want to have, and bring in the good thoughts- the uplifting thoughts that seem to say "YOU CAN DO THIS- You are friggin' Tahnee Nielsen!" I found one to add to my list... I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor. OH. MY. HECK. Great song! If you haven't heard it... give it a good listen! That song is so much of how I feel.

1 comment:

  1. Therapy (and chocolate) are always available on the 11th floor. Come on up and see me sometime!

    ReplyDelete