Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Friday, February 5, 2010

Sad

Today is my last day at my current job. And I'm sad. And emotional. And it pretty much just sucks. I couldn't even sleep on the bus this morning because I couldn't stop thinking about it. And then I was thinking about all the people at work that I love that aren't going to be coming in today, and then I was sadder. But then I thought... 'Hello, my name is Tahnee, you kill my father, prepare to die." Okay... LOL... that's not what I thought but I couldn't resist typing it cause it. I thought "Hello my name is Tahnee and I AM SELFISH!" because these people have more important things to do. So it's okay. SO I got here and Jesse came in, so, I just blurted it out because I figure if I throw it out there, it will make me less emotional about it. I think it may have worked, but I think he may have thought "oh my gosh. HOW long do you have left here?" No, he just said , "Don't be sad. You're only moving up a few floors". Which I know, but it's different and SOMEONE (you know who you are) came to my desk last night to "say goodbye" and I think after that, it hit me. HARD. So I told Jesse this morning "I was okay until that dang __________ came up to my desk last night to say goodbye, like I was dying or leaving the country, or moving across the country." And of course Jesse just laughed. And of course I was like, "But I do appreciate it, and it made me feel good." Then I got the whole "everyone loves you" response, which isn't entirely true, but it helped. Anyway... the moral of this story is that sometimes, like today, I hate being an emotional GIRL!!! It's hard when you're just sad, because then it's like stupid satan has a hay day. It's like saying "hey satan... COME ON IN! Oh... and since you're here, why don't you make me a miserable basket case". And another thing, I would like to point out that right now, satan's name is underlined in red (you know... because the computer wants me to capalize his name) but I refuse to fix it because if the computer was as smart as me, he would know that it shouldn't be capitalized because satan sucks, and he isn't a person, so he doesn't even deserve his name to be capitalized. And I hate him. So there!

I should add that I am excited for the new job, and I know it's the right thing, I'm just a little scared to leave all these people that see the good in me to go to a floor with people who don't know me. I guess it's a good think the Lord knows more than me.

4 comments:

  1. I love you and I hope your farewell day is easier than you think.

    When I left I cried for like 9 hours. Seriously. It was embarrassing. BUT you know where you belong and it will be fantastic there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tahn, I know it sounds cliche' but sometimes the hardest things are the things that are going to make us stronger when we conquer them. I have noticed that whenever I feel comfortable at something, the Lord (notice the capital letter "L") says, "Okay Sarah you passed that test, lets see what you do with this..." Then satan steps in and says, "Hee Hee you are such a loser and a failure and you are going to totally SUCK at this new trial." This is when I use my tae bo moves and kick and punch the crap out of satan. Sure he will get some punches in, but just remember who is in your corner and knew you were strong enough. You CAN do hard things!!!! Love ya. Sorry about the novel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sarah for making me cry. We are SOOOOO in a fight! Just joking. I love you.

    ReplyDelete