Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Thursday, January 28, 2010

New Job

Well... there will be more to come with this post... BUT... I got a new job. It's kind of crazy. I had this dream in December that I worked for Carol's sister in the Interior Design department for the church- not knowing there was an open position. I told Carol about the dream and conveniently I was approached about applying for the job and I pushed back. I love my current job, plus I thought it was a demotion for me. Well, after many fights I finally inquired about the job and turns out... it was a promotion for me. HOLY SMOKES!!! So... I went up to talk to the people in that group and I ended up in an interview, sort of against my will, but it happened. The people were so fun. There were 4 of them. After talking to them, I got so excited. I was so scared and nervous though because it happened so fast and it wasn't like I was out looking for a job. There were certain about my current situation I wanted to change, and I did want more work to do. I like to work under a little pressure, call me a masochist- I know. I just like to be busy and have a to do list that I can cross off. It's one of my hidden pleasures, crossing things off. I put stuff on my list so I can cross it off. Well anyway. I talked to Leland about applying for the position. Oh... I haven't even told you what it is. It's the Assistant to to the Temple Interior Designers. And anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE interior design, so it's a good fit for me. Anyway... I talked to Leland about applying for it. He told me that if it's something I wanted to do, he wouldn't hold me back, especially because it's a promotion, but that he really didn't want me to go. Well... I applied for it. I interviewed with the director between Christmas and NewYears. I was a little torn. I would have happy staying at my current job but would have loved Interior Design. Well a week and a half ago I got a phone call offering me the job. I didn't know what to do, especially because they added more to work load (I now support the great Jesse Baer) and there was another change which helped calm the workplace, so I was happy. Well, it was tough, they let me think/pray about it and get back with them. That is what I did. I was so torn. I seriously didn't know what to do. After many tears, prayers, pondering, reading scriptures, I finally got my answer. Of course when I told Jesse I cried- like a big freaking baby. But I'll only be three floors up from where I am now, and it will be fun to learn new things and work with something that I seriously love! But there are a lot of people that I will miss seeing/talking to everyday, and that makes me so so so sad. One of those people I just wrote off today (you know who you are). Anyway... I start on Monday and I am super excited, but super sad at the same time. In fact, I don't really think it's totally hit me that I won't be here everyday, at my desk on the 8th floor.

4 comments:

  1. That's AMAZING!! Congrats about the promotion. Wow, that has got to be the coolest job ever. I'm so happy for you, Tahn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy day! I can't wait to hear how much you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your promotion Tahnee, that sounds amazing! What exactly will you be doing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is so great for you! I'm excited for you. It sounds like a fun job :)

    ReplyDelete