Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Alms for the poor....

Okay... I came home the other night and there was this jar sitting out on the porch in Davey's handwriting.
The plate on the top says "Please give money for the poor"

SO....I'm thinking a few things:
  1. Davey got in trouble and wants to earn money to buy something that his Mom wouldn't get him at the latest claw my own eyeballs out shopping adventure.
  2. Davey thinks that his family is poor.
  3. Davey is "earning" money to buy pizza to sell to his friends (I gave him that idea the other day... like the good influence aunt I am- although I did not tell him to beg for money like he was poor)
SO... last night I ask about the mystery poverty jar. I found out that Davey decided that he wanted to earn money to give to the poor kids that don't have anything. He wants to take the money he gets to the food bank. How amazing is he? An 8 year old... worried about the poor. Priceless. Here I am telling him how to make money off his friends and he is thinking about how to save the poor people. LOL!!!! J/K
Last night Keili ripped the plate off and started to attempt to take the money. Davey came unglued, snatched it away, put it back together and proceeded to lecture her about the poor people and how sad their situation is. LOL! What a good kid.

1 comment:

  1. Children become aware step by step and in beautiful ways. Way to go, Davey! (Now teach your beautiful Aunt Tahnee how to give!) J/K, my wonderful friend...

    ReplyDelete