Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Friday, January 8, 2010

I'm in love...

I have a problem... and I'll admit it. I didn't think I had this problem until Nic brought it to my attention. I am addicted to working out. I have about 20 work out DVD's and I've made my very own Tahnee's bootcamp, and I have a punching bag, and the list could go on and on. It's more of an obsession than an addiction. The addiction would be purchasing workout DVD's. I can't help myself. I search for them ALL THE TIME! The thing is... I get bored of them. Until now... I found one that I love. It's the biggest loser weightloss yoga. And the funny thing is I have turned my nose up at yoga my whole life. In fact, once upon a time in my singles ward my good buddy Quintin and I went with John to an FHE where a guy in our ward taught us all yoga. Quintin and laughed so much, we didn't even take it seriously. He would tilt himself just enough to hit me and knock me over. LOL. Or I'd reach over and pinch the back of his bicep and he'd lose his balance. Pretty much we just thought of it as a joke. To me it was like a tree huggers way of getting in tune with the universe or the crazy spirits floating around. I just thought of it as meditation... much like unto what Bob is doing on the cover. LOL. Could you honestly see me meditating like that? Uh... NO. Not without laughing. Jokes would just come in my head left and right... I could never take something like seriously. OH HOW I WAS WRONG ABOUT YOGA. I have had this DVD for about 6 months now and just barely opened it up and tried it 2 weeks ago. I am hooked. I love it. In fact... I can't wait until I get to do it again. And it is definitely a workout. And I am sore the next day. It's also progressive so you do one program the first 2 weeks and then you add on 15 minutes and then after those two weeks you add on 15 minutes more. I feel so good inside myself after doing it and the next day... I just feel great. It works muscles I don't think have ever worked with weight lifting or any cardio I have even done. Anyway... I just love it. I also supplement it with this boot camp DVD. Which is also tough and great.
Hmmmm.... maybe I am just in love with Bob. LOL! He is great in the DVD's. Very helpful, motivating, and inspiring. Plus... one of the great things about these is the people in them (aside from Bob the booty-blaster) are contestants from the show. They aren't those perfect little girls that make it look so easy all the while you are wanting to shoot yourself in the head. Anyway... blah blah blah... they are FABULOUS!!!! My fav is the yoga though. I think I have found a new love in yoga.

2 comments:

  1. Tahnee! I totally just started taking Yoga like... last week! Its kicking my trash (sad i know!) We should have a yoga (and ice cream) night! You bring the yoga video and i'll bring dessert! :) :)

    really though.... i would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Tahnee, your motivation for all of us. I should really try yoga someday. I love watching the Biggest Loser, it's so motivating.

    ReplyDelete