Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What the heck just happened?

SO... last night Davey asked me if he could stay home with me while Nicole took Dave to Provo, with the rest of the kids. I said yes, but he had to let me watch the Jazz game/Dancing with the Stars. He agreed. Okay... let's reminisce for a moment. Let's think back on the days when Davey thought Aunt Tahnee was freakin' awesome. Ahhhh... those were the days. I have a picture at my desk of him on my shoulders at the zoo... right after I taught him to spit (hey... how else do you teach a 1 year old what a camel says?), and another picture of us at my work party luau... so fun, so cute... SO....AWESOME!
Okay... so a pose a question: How do you go from Awesome Aunt Tahnee rocks my world... to...

THIS...


Davey put this on my back last night. Sweet little Davey did this to Awesome Aunt Tahnee... It's mind baffling! JUST MIND BAFFLING!!!! He thought he was SOOOOO funny too. Then he proceeded to out do him self and created a packet, which I might add, he was anything but subtle when he pushed my head forward and attached it to my back... I left the "packet" on my back for his entertainment for about 10 minutes . Then I took it off to find the following....

Just to clarify I will italicize what these say

"This is my photo"Okay... can you please look at the person in the photo. Pay special attention to his hair. I say "his" because the person is BALD ON TOP! What the...

Next...

"Tahnee's butt"

Okay... there is a funny story behind this picture. So... here is our dialog:
Me: What is this?
Davey: Your butt (he is dying laughing)
Me: Well is that a giraffe?
Davey: (still laughing) Yeah
Me: Well, what? You think my butt looks like a giraffe?
Davey: No, this is your butt (pointing to the oval shape next to the giraffe). I just drew the giraffe so you could see how big your butt was compared to a giraffe.
Me: (jaw drop)

I have to give him credit for creativity and being so thorough. Good thing he's only 8.

Next...
"I Stupid"
This one is my favorite, which is why I graced it with a picture of my head.

"This is the size of my brain"
(note... the pea size circle underneath)

And... can I point out that I do look a little "handicapped" in this picture. LOL. And I am sick, so my nose is stuffed up and I can barely breathe... Which is why I left this picture and didnt' take another one... I thought it was fitting. Davey is laughing his head off when I read this one, and goes
"that probably is the size of your brain" and I was like "ha ha... you're so funny!".

How do kids go from sweet, loving, kind, to freakin rude? And so fast. LOL!
It really was funny. The twirp!

8 comments:

  1. I can only imagine who taught him all of those things. :) LOL

    For the record your butt is not the size of a giraffe and your brain is not the size of a pea. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Amy said. And also, spank that little twirp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am DYING LAUGHIN HA HA HA HA...too funny!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a memorable drawing!!! and fun experience! gotta love twirps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That totally just made my day. Sorry that I was laughig at your expense..but he is hilarious! Love ya Tahnus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Tahn,

    Sorry I get crap like that too but that was freakin' hilarious!!! Not to mention your writing made it even better. If it came down to it you would still be awesome Aunt Tahnee or maybe "Rich Aunt Tahnee".

    Nic (Not sure whose account I am on)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best part of this blog for me was that I could hear all of your responses and see all of your reactions in my head. So funny! You're such a good sport, Tahn. He only teases you cause he loves you. :)

    ReplyDelete