Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fun Night

About 3 or so years ago I used to get boils on a pretty regular basis and it was SOOOO HARD. So... Dave gave me a blessing and in that blessing he said that I would not get any more boils. He also said that i should find a new job (random- since that had nothing to do the healing blessing and I wasn't looking for a new job) we were both shocked by the job thing. It was an amazing blessing because... I haven't gotten a boil since, and within a week of that blessing I had a job working at Church Headquarters. It was a life changing blessing for me. I am seeing that more and more right now. Well... anyway...
So... for the last 4 days I have this "sore" that keeps getting bigger and more and more painful and I kept telling myself that it wasn't a boil because, ya know, I have faith, but it hurts so bad that yesterday at work I think tryin to work through the pain started to make me feel sick-literally. My body started to ache and my back hurt, etc. So... I stopped by the clinic on my way home and guess what? It's a boil and it's so far along it had to be lanced; which means they hadto give me a shot, in the thing to numb it, and cut it open and stuff gauze in it. I have to go in to the dr for the next 2 days to re-pack it. More shots, more gauze. I didn't know how to take it cause of the blessing. BUT... I still know God loves me and is helping me and I'm grateful I haven't gotten one for at least 3 years. I'll tell you what, I only get one of these suckerls at a time and it is the most pain I've ever felt in my life, but Job had them all over his body. How he survived that is beyond me. I have a new love and respect for him.
Okay... here's the funny part of the story. As I get to the clinic I call- from the parking lot- to see if they can see me. They can, so I go to get out of my car and lock it. I hit the lock button, it locks then automatically unlocks. I hit it again, it locks/unlocks. I hit it again- HARDER with a sigh. Lock/Unlock. At this point I say out loud, and a little annoyed "REALLY?" Then I proceed to treat the thing as a machine gun (hitting it over and over again fast) to get it to function correctly (I know... never smart- my Dad would be so disappointed of my mistreatment of the door) and it still won't cooperate. I then pause... Wait.... what is that noise in the background? It's the spirit in the form of my car "you left your keys in the ignition" alarm sounding. Hmmm... poor door was only trying to keep me from locking my keys in the car. LOL. I sat there and laughed for a second and took them out. I'm sure the Lord was like... "Tsk, tsk, tsk... really? I'm trying to help you out but you ARE IGNORING ME AND FREAKING OUT LIKE A MAJOR DRAMA QUEEN!" Man... what a dummy ;).

1 comment:

  1. Tahnee, I love your faith. It makes my faith stronger. Thank you for the amazing example that you are. :)

    ReplyDelete