Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The re-incarnated roll...

So... I went to this party on Satruday night with a bunch of old friends. One of my friends wife had made cinnamon rolls. They were really hard and she had baked them on wax paper, which in turn made the paper part of the roll. He had me wait while he tried to pry the paper from the back of the roll, so I could eat one on my way home. I was like 'uh... sure... I'll eat that on the way home- yeah and Santa is a skinny man with saskwatches for elves'. But... I patiently waited for him to get as much of the wax paper off as he could. He then proceeded to wrap it in a paper towel. Once I got out to my car I placed it on the passenger seat. Well, I forgot about it and left it there the rest of the weekend. Yesterday I went to the store to get some things and it was snowing. When I got back out to my car is was covered in snow. My window scraper was in the very back of the rodeo. I got in and thought that I could just use my wipers to scrape the windows. As I backed out I couldn't see very well, and the better half of me said, " Tahnee... you should scrape your windows so you don't hit someone". So... I listened. As put the car in park and thought about having to climb in the bak seat to get the scraper, I turned my head and noticed the cinnamon roll. The laziness set in and ... I think the picture says the rest.

The moral of the story goes something like this... Don't judge a book by it's cover. Not all cinnamon rolls are made to be eaten, and... one man's junk is another mans treasure. Over cook a cinnamon roll, wrap it in a napkin, and leave it in your car for two days and you have a handy dandy home remedy for an amazing snow scraper.

Or maybe just... hey... be lazy like Tahnee and recycle your food. Practice re-incarnation on your food. This cinnamon roll died and came back as an ice scraper.

3 comments:

  1. That is so funny! I laughed so hard when I read about the Cinnamon role. I felt like I was right there with you laughing as you scraped you window with food. Ha Ha Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tahn, I bet that poor little roll was sitting there feeling sorry for itself and you made it feel like it was worth something. I applaude you for your efforts and urge you to keep the ball "rolling." Get it? I know long shot. See you at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um. May I blog stalk you? Yes? OK. (Kim added me on facebook, she has a blog, it's linked to yours....consider yourself stalked in a non-creepy way).

    I am DYING laughing right now! Did it get sticky all over your car? Where exactly did your "snow scraper" end up when you were finished? So many questions, so little space.... :) Thank you for un-boring-ing (what? It's a word!) my day. :)

    ReplyDelete