Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Monday, May 9, 2011

Why has the Lord brought me here today?

I just finished listening to this podcast by Sheri Dew (whom I adore) and she said that several times during the day we should ask ourselves this question. I thought... how awesome is that? That is like giving yourself the opportunity to have a moment of reflection/reality check/ make better decisions. The talk I listened to is called "Awake, Arise, and Come Unto to Christ. AMAZING!!! I have really come to love Sheri Dew the past few months of my life. She also talks in here about choosing Holiness. Above all- choose holiness. Walk away from the world and choose to be holy. If you have itunes, I recommend downloading this podcast. It's free.
I'll tell you, I'm definitely a work in progress, and I know I have made some horrifically poor choices in my life, but I'm just a simple daughter of God trying to get back to my Father in Heaven, and I'm a work in progress. Heavenly Father isn't finished with me yet. See... this I hve come to hold onto- this idea that he isn't finished with me. While others may be, he isn't. One thing I know for sure, it is harder to forgive oneself than to forgive others. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but... you know how you go through something with someone else, and you get hurt- in a way you never realized possible, and then when you see that person you not only feel hateful feelings for them, but even worse than that, you feel hateful feelings for yourself? I believe this is a tragedy- in more than one way- I also believe that in these moments we show our true character. I hope to always live up to the character that I hope to one day have because that is all you can do... and I think this is part of what Sheri means when she says to stop and ask yourself "Why has the Lord brought me here today?" This simple question gives you power to come out of your natural man and be the person that the Lord knows you can be, the person you hope to one day become. A person of influence for good and not bad. I'm not good at this, but again, I'm also a work in progress. I want to be a person that builds others up, not tear them down. Like Jesse is always telling and I truly believe- Life is about each others self esteem. It's true. If you are building others up, you are building the kingdom of God. If you are tearing others down, you are tearing down the kingdom of God. One thing I know for sure, I have loved the Lord for a very, very, LONG time- and he has loved me even more- even when I haven't deserved it. And I want to be a builder, not a tearer downer.

Anyway... those are my thoughts tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Tahnee, I don't hate you. And now that I have found your blog I will post an insane number of comments. Maybe all the time. Maybe every day. Maybe the same posts will get more than one comment! It's going to be wild and crazy. That's all I'm going to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for sharing that with me today! it was honestly just what i needed and has definitely inspired me to do more everyday. thank you thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete