Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Almost Tub



So... GUESS WHAT???? I HAVE AN ALMOST BATHTUB!!!!

It's true. It has running water, and the water drains (except for the shower head, that will come next time). I just can't believe that I have a tub. This may seem silly to you, but you have NO IDEA how long I have waited for just a simple tub. Of. My. Own. My friend Tayler the builder came down on Saturday and installed it for us. And now I pretty much owe him the world. Oh my heck... it was the best thing ever. It was as great as going to pick Rustin up from his mission after having him gone for 2 years. After Tayler left I went downstairs and just looked at it. And my eyes watered up, it was so exciting for me. You don't understand...I have been waiting for this for over a year. That night... periodically, like a crazy person, I kept going and opening the door, turning on the light and looking at it. If tubs could talk, I'm sure mine would say "Alright already! Do you think I'm gonna grow legs and walk away?" I just couldn't help myself, I wanted to keep checking on it. Haven't you ever gotten something that you were just dying to have and when you finally get it you can't leave it alone? That was this for me. Nic even told me that night that she hasn't seen me this happy in a long time. Nic has been great, she has tried so hard to get me in there, she is an amazing sister. I love her to death.

Sunday I cleaned the tub, with real bathtub cleaner. I have never been so excited to clean a tub in all my life. Then I dried it. Looked at it some more. Then I went in on my bed to read my scriptures and all I could think about was how I had a tub (I know, I'm pathetic). I couldn't focus on what I was reading. So... I got up and took my scriptures and my patriarchal blessing with me and I sat in my tub and read them. LOL. Not even joking. It was great. I just wanted you all to see it, cause it's awesome.

And this is how excited I am about my BRAND NEW ALMOST TUB!!!

3 comments:

  1. ta-da!!!!

    Congratulations. :) It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best part of this is thinking about the times I've felt that way! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really need to work for re-bath!! Hey tell Nicole you were happy 2 months ago when your overweight zebracase lost 2 pounds! By the way you look stinkin' gorgeous in that pic of you!! If you didn't get my facebook message, I think you need to get your bootay up here!!!!! How about sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete