Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ever Had One of Those Moments?

Have you ever had one of the moments when someone tells you something and you are BLOWN AWAY? You know what I mean, one of those "I just fell off my chair" moments, where you are shocked, and in disbelief. Have you ever thought something of yourself because time after time, life experience has taught you this thing? Have you ever had someone call you and in his own round about way pretty much "let you know" without him even knowing he is "letting you know" that the thing that your life experience may have taught you might ACTUALLY not be as accurate as you thought it was? Have you ever, out of shock, called that person (in so many words like "are you making this up") a liar because you believe that what they are telling can't POSSIBLY be the truth? Have you ever had one of those moments where you are forced to re-evaluate something that you have cemented into your heart and soul? Have you ever thought the game 20 questions pretty much sucked rocks? LOL- just kidding. Well, I had one of these moments last Thursday. I don't think I ever remember having one of these moments in my life. Well, not one where I had to re-evaluate a negative self image into a positive one. I've pretty much mastered the positive into the negative self image issues. But last Thursday someone I love (okay, it's Rustin) called me and relayed a message to me that he almost didn't, but I am so grateful he did because it was something I needed to hear. It was one of those times when you are praying your guts out for the Lord to help you to see yourself the way he does and he delivers in fine fashion. I am just grateful that my amazing brother is in tune enough to help him out. But what am I talking about, when if comes to spiritual things, my brother always delivers in fine fashion. It's one of the MANY reasons I love him so much. That, and the fact that I can pretty much get him to sigh out of disappointment at the drop of a hat. Disappointment or maybe annoyance. Eh... same thing. Oh, and let's not forget my award winning ability to get him to make up the most ridiculous stories. We're talking better than my fish was THIS big (while holding his arms 2 feet apart), when really... it was in the running for Worlds Fastest Fish to Get Lost in the Aquarium Rocks award. If you don't believe me (about the making up ridiculous stories), just ask him how many times I almost shot him while duck hunting. Lies. Big. Fat. Lies. It's just a good thing for him that I love his stinkin' guts. Try to be like Jesus. That's what I always say. LOL- just kidding. Uh-hem! (clearing throat) That's not a joke!

2 comments:

  1. Tahnee I'm telling you that you should be a writer, You have amazing talent with words and your funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE details. Come to my desk at 9:00 a.m. tomorrow. We'll call it a devotional. :)

    ReplyDelete