Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Fun in the Sun... on the Oregon Coast

Well, I went to Portland for the first time this past weekend. It was amazing. Here are some pictures from the trip. My battery died so  I didn't get many pictures. Some of these I stole from Kerry (Thanks Kerry!!!)
Okay... So first I got to meet his Grandma and Grandpa Marshall. Fun people. I loved them. I was quizzed on some history, part I passed, part of which I failed. Haha... I think they still liked me though. They were a lot of fun to talk to, and I loved them instantly!!! Then we spent all day with Paul's AMAZING parents Kuhn and Kerry on Saturday. It was a beautiful day, warm, sunny... just wonderful weather. We spent the day on the Oregon Coast, which I fell in love with. We ate breakfast at this sweet lodge called Camp 18. Which is where this first picture is at. Awww... Cute picture, right? I love this picture of us. The lodge is awesome, it's log and very rustic. I felt right at home. Kerry tried to get us to sit on this lumberjack's lap... Paul was shy about it, but I wasn't :). Here I am on his lap.
Me and some random lumberjack at Camp 18




Here are some pictures off of a park we stopped at (can't remember the name)
Kuhn and Kerry... how cute are they? Awww...
We went for a walk on the beach and found a couple of broken sea shells and an ugly rock. We decided to find an ugly rock because no one ever wants the ugly rocks... everyone looks for the pretty rocks. In fact, Paul found a pretty cool looking rock and tried to tell me how it was an ugly rock and it hit it out of his hand and told him it was too pretty. Hahaha... It was so funny but probably looked so mean from a distance. Haha
While we were walking on the beach we came to this written in the sand. We love you Kerry!!!!

This was awesome. We were just driving along the Pacific Coast Hwy and Kuhn sees a little crab shack and asks if we wanted a crab. I have never actually eaten a crab like this. We stopped. It was awesome. There was this table along the shore, it was so perfect, the day was just beautiful, and there we were all on this table, overlooking the water and the fishermen eating our crab. I was in heaven!!!! I had Paul by my side and two amazing in laws (to be). It was great!!!
While at the beach we approach Kuhn and Kerry getting out Kuhn's kite. I got to learn to fly it. You hold two strings and control the kite with the strings. I loved it! I nose dived it a few times, once in the water (oops) but I LOVED it. SO. MUCH. FUN!!!! He was trying to teach me to spin it in circles and everything. I did so many fun things this day.
More Kite flying!!! Thanks Kuhn!!!




I had so much fun on this trip. Sunday was no different... we ate a wonderul breakfast with his parents and then got ready for church. We went to his ward and I met his Bishop. That was such a good experience. The spirit was pretty strong in there talking to him. He is an amazing man, and he loves Paul so much... EASY TO DO! Then we went to the Portland temple. It was beautiful. I've never been there. I loved walking around the grounds with him. He was so excited to show it to me. I'm just excited to go there with him (wink wink). Then we went back to his parents to have dinner with them. We all pitched in and made a yummy dinner that we ate on the patio, again... beautiful sunny weather. Then that night we roasted marshmallow's and made smore's, EXCEPT... we didn't have graham crackers so Kerry and Paul came up with the idea of using sugar cookies. They were yummy. I started my mallow's on fire...which was unusual for my sweet little Paul. I made him kiss me with burned mallow on my mouth. Haha... Oh the joy and laughter he gets to look forward to by being married to Tahnee :). It was so nice to just sit out there in dark around the campfire. They have an awesome yard, it felt like we were in the mountains, I was in heaven. Paul and I sat out there cuddling and talking about all kinds of things. I just love being with him. Then Monday we registered and drove up to Mt Hood and down the gorge along the Columbia River. It was so beautful and so fun. I was in love. Then we went to a nice restaraunt called Boccelli's. It was yummy!  Paul is so great, he is always taking me to places he loves and he loves some great places. I'm so lucky to have him. I just love more and more all the time.
Mt Hood
I was so sad to leave on Tuesday. We went and picked upholstery for a couch and loveseat we get when we get married. That was fun. And we ate breakfast at Bob's Red Mill (I think that's what it's called). I started to feel sad the closer it got to be time to leave. In fact after I packed I went to give Kerry a hug and I just busted out crying. Poor Kerry. It's so hard to always have to say goodbye to the love of my life. And now I was sad to say goodbye to his awesome parents as well. I'm marrying into a wonderful family, they already feel like family. I really had a hard time at the airport as well. I cried and cried after getting there and waiting for the plane. There were only 40 people on the plane so it was empty, which was good because I sat there cuddling with the stuffed moose Paul gave me on the trip, leaning against the window of the plane bawling my eyes out. The flight attendant came by and said "Awww... that's a cute moose!" and she said it like I was 5. I was crying and I think there is a good chance she might have thought I was handicapped. Hahaha... Since she was talking to me like a child and I'm crying cuddling my moose and looking out the window. Ha!!! As the plane started to take off, the crying just got worse. It was hard. I guess this is a good thing that I miss him so much and have such a hard time saying goodbye. Love is amazing. And priceless... and I never ever want to live without Paul, ever. Now we are on another countdown. He is coming to Utah on the 14th of May. 18 days!!!! Oh, and then last night, I was emotional again, because I miss him so much. I walked over to John and Amy's because they are his family, and John opened the door... YEP.. there I stood, tears running down my face. He just let me hug me for a while as I cried. Poor John. Haha... He was so great!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got to go up and that you had such a wonderful time!! Can't wait to meet him next month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the interesting blog post that have lots of information with great writing skills. Special knowledge for students available at this post. As Normal, i can share some information about Online Assignment Help for students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. online classes in MBA

    Hi, yup this article is truly good and I have learned lot
    of things from it regarding blogging. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. عمليات تجميل الأنف التجميلية من داخل الأنف أو من خلال قطع (شق) خارجي صغير في قاعدة الأنف، أي بين فتحتيه. ومن المحتمل أيضًا أن يعيد الجراح ضبط العظم والغضروف تحت الجلد لديك تعرف على احسن دكتور تجميل انف في اكتوبر صاحب واحدة من اكبر عيادات التجميل يمكنك التواصل معه الان مع عيادة الدكتور حامد قدري استشاري جراحة التجميل بمجرد تحديد موعد الجراحة ستحتاج إلى ترتيب وجود شخص لاصطحابك للمنزل

    ReplyDelete