Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Friday, September 10, 2010

Grandpa V

On my way up to the family reunion I stopped at this little place on main street in Santaquin. It's called Grandpa V's and Grandpa V sells fruit and produce out of his garage thingy. Well, I needed some apples to take camping so I stopped. It was a cute place. There were two old men sitting in there by a table.
I selected my apples and went up to pay. There was a man paying in front of me. When Grandpa V finished helping him I put my bag on the table. Grandpa V turned around to walk away, so his friend sitting by him told him I was waiting. So he kind of chuckled and turned around. He was so cute and so old. We're talking like 80 probably. He said "Well... I don't always see the prettiest girls." I was like... AWE... how sweet is he? SO SWEET!!! Totally made my day. An old man isn't going lie, right? He asked me what kind of apples I had. I told him. And he said it would be $3. I held out a 5 dollar bill. He didn't take it. I was confused. Then it hit me. What the... He's totally blind. HE WAS TOTALLY BLIND!!!! LOL!!!! But, regardless, it still made me feel good for him say I was one of the prettiest girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment