Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Friday, December 4, 2009

Paintbrush

Okay... I have been in a slump and a brat and pushing away the people in my life that probably love me most. Sunday in church the Bishop gave part of the lesson in Sunday school (5th Sunday-ya know) and even though his message was pretty basic, it hit me like a ton of bricks. Funny how the basic stuff is what we always need reminders about, which is why they always talk about it. I tend to be one of those people that LOVES to listen to /learn about the deeper stuff. Well I have been thinking about this a lot this week and yesterday I started to talk to Jesse (my spiritual counselor-LOL) about it. Jesse works with me and is amazing. I seriously love him, and I know he is the reason I am supposed to be in the job I am... to be close to him cause he has saved me in so many ways. Well... as I drew the chart that Bishop Rowley drew, we got in this discussion (he was mostly discussing, I was mostly listening- but I did throw in a few thoughts of my own) together we came up with a chart that I was scribbling on paper while we were talking. Sometimes I wish I had Cullen like speed writing skills (that was my twilight shout out) so that I could get down everything he says to me. Well, here is the chart I created and now my "job" is to find scriptures to go along with all these concepts. Here is what I love about Jesse: He is not my bishop (though I wish he were), he is not my stake president (though he is one) but he pushes me, and stretches me, and challenges me in EVERY WAY that I need, and I don't even think he knows it. I have told him before that he is my spiritual counselor, and that white hair means you have taken the first step toward translation (to which he laughed in a "yeah right" kind of way), but I don't think he knows that a lot of times he is the lords paintbrush in my life. Anyway... I wanted to share our work.... so here you go. These are the steps to faith/growth/personal development:


and YES... I do work at my job.

2 comments:

  1. I love Jesse, I love you and I love this. Every seminary teacher in the whole wide world is coveting this chart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS you're right about the white hair. Some old people go gray - but righteous old people go white. :)

    ReplyDelete