Mission Statement

"Try a little harder to fortify someone so powerfully that whatever temptations the devils of hell throw at her or him, they will be able to withstand and thus truly in that moment be free from evil."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Once Upon a Miracle

This year for the Festival of Trees I decorated another wreath for Sarabeth. In case you aren't family and don't know about Sarabeth, she is my neice (Misty and Brad's little girl) that had a heart transplant when she was 7 months old. Since recieving her heart I have made it a tradition to decorate a wreath for the festival of trees dedicated to her. I went on Monday to decorate my door at the Sandy Expo Center. It was such an emotional morning. Amazing and spiritual. Everytime someone would come along and see her beautiful picture they'd ask me about her, and I'd get chocked up telling them. Anyway... here is the door once I finished decorating it on monday.

I know... HUGE door. It was the biggest door on the block, I swear. But it was a beautiful one, so it was awesome.
Here is the wreath. YOu can't see it that well, but the little plaque things say Hope, Blessing, and Miracle and I put them in that order on the wreath because that was pretty much the exprience. We had to have a lot of Hope, which Misty far surpassed the rest of us in this area. She was amazing through it all. Mom of pretty much the next century! Then we were so blessed in July when Misty got the call that Sarabeth had a heart on the way. It was so fast and so scary. Especially for Misty and Brad. Then came our miracle. The miracle of life, of doctors, or medicine, or the Lord giving Sarabeth another chance at life. It's seriously a miracle that you can stop one persons heart (pretty much killing them) take it out, and put in a whole other person's heart, jump start it, and the person lives. It's a miracle. Thus the name of my wreath...

ONCE UPON A MIRACLE!

Here is a closer shot of the picture of Sarabeth. Okay... I know this might embarrass him, but this is my shout out for this amazing friend of mine. I have this friend, who has a HUGE heart (ha ha... fitting-right) that made me this frame (but I like to say that he made if for Sarabeth and another little sick child at Primary Children s Hospital he is going to help save) and wouldn't let me pay him for it. I have to tell you that when I decorated this door and they made me fill out the cost itinerary I cried when the lady told me that I couldn't put any less than $30 dollars for that frame- thus almost doubling the price of my wreath. It brought tears to my eyes because NOW it was like someone's child will get twice the amount of money that I was planning or thinking my wreath would provide. Amazing. Anyway... Tayler made this frame, and he did an AWESOME job. I was so proud to have Sarabeths picture in it and have it as part of my display. So thank you Tayler.
So Sarah and Bubba, and Sariah and I went over (a little nervous, hoping the arrangement sold) and IT DID!!! Yay! It just makes me so happy for all those families that can't afford the health care, and all those poor kids that have to live their life in the Hospital. That was Sarabeth for a long time, and it's hard and heartbreaking. And the last thing that families need is to worry about money and comfort for the children during those times. So it just makes my heart smile to see that someone bought it. YAY!!!!

Then, as we were walking around, we saw this tree that had this picture, and I loved it. I said to Sarah... "EVERY girl needs to own one of these".
I have more pictures from the day, but it is taking forever to upload so i will try again later. I had so much fun with Sarah and her kids. I was glad she went with me. It was so humbling to see all the trees dedicated to loved ones that are here, and have also passed on. SO touching. I love this the festival of trees. If you've never been, you should go... for me... it is such an uplifting thing to do.

3 comments:

  1. Your arrangement was beautiful! It amazes me every time i stop to think of how gracious the Lord is to us-out of pure love and charity. I am so happy for Sarabeth and your whole family - what a blessing to have her in your life to always remind you of the Lord's tender mercies!
    "Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these."
    Every time I think of a child like Sarabeth so innocent and pure, full of love and life I think of this scripture! How graciously He cares of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing story of Sarabeth. That is so touching what she went through! I love going to festival of trees, it really gets me in the Christmas spirit. I wish I could have seen your door wreath, that is so neat that you do that for Sarabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has gotten so big!! I remember when you were all going through that and how amazingly you all handled it. I'm so, so very glad for the happy ending. And what a beautiful thought for the festival of trees. Your wreath was beautiful, and the frame was absolutely lovely. I wish I could go to that!

    ReplyDelete